Monday 18 April 2011

Beard Trimmer - vacuum trimmer, trimmer


This is the best beard trimmer I have owned in the 10+ years I've been using one. I previously purchased the QT4070 and hated it! But used the money back offer from Norelco and got it right away no questions asked.... I then both this one, the QT4050.....and it is absolutely perfect. Several features make it superior to others I have owned.... One, the dial for adjusting the lengths is recessed so that it can't be moved by accident....Two, it accepts international voltage making it perfect for travel....and three, it cuts more evenly than any I have ever owned. When fully charged it provides more trims that my prior Norelcos and can be used with the cord if you need to... Overall I am extremely happy with it and would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting a beard trimmer



Oh, one last item.... I had no trouble emptying the vacumm container nor did I think the few hairs that it didn't catch were an issue.... so again, excellent

I purchased this to replace a 6 year old Panasonic in which the batteries would no longer hold a charge. It would seem to me that Panasonic has discontunued their line of Trimmers...and perhaps even sold this design to Norelco. I like this design because it is ONE-PIECE and does a very good job. I don't want a drawer full of attachments like some of the other brands.



I was very happy with the Panasonic...but I am happier with the Norelco for 3 things. 1) the Lithium Ion Batteries stay up much better. The older Panny had NiCads which lose a large percent of their charge, even when not in use. 2) The Norelco has higher RPM's and just works quicker. 3) The Norelco vacuums much better...not perfect, but better....probably due to the higher RPM's.

Minor quibble others have mentioned: The Panasonic had a removable clippings drawer you slide out and can take to waste basket and tap out the clippings. The Norelco is more of a side-door that does not come off...so it is a bit harder to empty.

I bought this to keep my facial hair at a constant 5 'oclock shadow kinda look. It works really well.





Another review on here complains that the guard is pointed and you'll end up stabbing yourself. I'm not the lease bit careful when I shave and I haven't had a single problem with it. Never been stabbed. This thing works like a charm and I highly recommended it. If I were to lose it I'd definitely get another one just like it.

I was a bit concerned seeing so many reviews harping on this not being as good as the previous model. I was using an older one, a few models prior to this one, and so looked around trying to find the previous model, but had no luck. So took the gamble on this one.



So far, outstanding. I can see why people would complain about the little hinged door for emptying the trimmings, it does make this a little messier. But the reason I replaced my old one (and the one prior to that) was that the little cup type receptacle they used to use always broke on me after time, becoming separated, front and back, so that trying to pull it out just pulled off the front cover, letting things fall out if you weren't careful. So while this isn't as neat as the previous solution, it's definitely a better engineering design, less prone to the plastic glue coming undone.



On both my previous models, I ALWAYS had whiskers flying onto the counter and sink when doing my chin. Always. This one, nary a hair. Everything went where it was supposed to be, into the vac stream and into the catch bin. Much neater than the other.



I preferred the outer ring for adjusting the depth of the trimmer to this smaller internal rotating adjustment, but it still works fine.



Not any louder than the previous model despite having a better vacuum system.



Looking forward to using this for much longer than the other ones, since it no longer has the same design flaw for where it stores the clippings.

The vacuum works well, if not perfectly and the trimmer is easily adjustable and trims well. The vacuum systems misses enough hair that it's still beneficial to trim over the sink, but it contains things enough that it can all be easily washed after. Without it, the hairs end up all over the place. The battery life is fantastic, the build is solid, and the adjustment settings are nicely gradated.

This trimmer does the job well. It is comfortable, has adjustable lengths, and creates a great stubble look. I have had it around a month, and I haven't had to charge it yet, using it every 2 days. I would definitely recommend this trimmer. It's a nice bonus that it has a vacuum that works well if you don't have a lot of hair you are trying to trim. - Mens Grooming - Trimmer - Vacuum Trimmer - Cordless'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information