Monday 18 April 2011

Lens Accessories - lens accessories, canon g11


Optically its great but the 1.4x doesn't amount to much in the real world. You also have to remember to change the custom function when taking it on and off which is a small hassle.



I find I dont ever need it and wish I hadnt purchased it. Im sure ther is something stronger for less out there. Canon TC-DC58D Tele Converter Lens for Canon G10 and G11 Digital Camera (requires LA-DC58K Lens Adapter)

This lens (and adapter) is a useful extension to the Canon G-11's photo capabilities without having to go along the digital SLR path. The telephoto capabilities bring quite distant subjects into range (eg., birdlife). I have taken some very nice pictures of resident kestrels and their young chicks in a tree 25 yds from my house. I did however use a tripod as at long distances hand-held camera shake can present difficulties with the auto-focus capabilities of the Canon G-11 (but it does with SLRs too....I have a Canon F-1n film camera (although not auto-focus) with a 400 mm telephoto and that needs a tripod also!!).

Canon TC-DC58D Tele Converter Lens for Canon G10 Digital Camera (requires LA-DC58K Lens Adapter)Canon LA-DC58K Conversion Lens Adapter for Canon G10 Digital Cameras



This Tele Converter must be used with the LA-DC58K Lens Adapter. The problem occurs when you attempt to use a filter on the Lens adapter - the camera lens impacts the filter at full telephoto. As bad, the Lens Adapter causes vignetting at wide angle settings. Net net - the LA-DC58K fails at telephoto and wide angle settings and the TC-DC58D also vignettes at wide angle.



The parts being plastic results in dismantling only with great difficulty.

A nice add-on for the Canon g11. Do not expect the quality of a SLR zoom, but this converter helps when you do not want to carry heavy equipment. Do not forget you need an adapter to fit the converter to the camera.

Excellent product. Attaches firmly to the adapter ring bringing extra magnification for close up shots producing clear images. Easy to mount on camera at a convenient size to carry it out.



I would recommend it to anyone owning A G10 digital camera.

I love my Canon G11 camera because it works well on the surface as well as in a housing underwater. The telephoto lens has added a new dimension.

The only problem that I have noticed is that because the camera is small and light to begin with, the Len's makes it a little front heavy so I have to hold it differently. A small price to pay considering all of the good things.

I purchased this for the G12 I ordered. I expected it to greatly enhance the zoom capabilities of the G12, however it barely made a difference. I returned both since I purchased the G12 for it's great reviews, but thought the Teleconverter lens would make it a more useful camera. Loved the camera, but the lens extension did not improve the zoom capabilities enough. - Canon G11 - Canon G9 - Lens Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information