Wednesday 5 October 2011

Speaker Cables - aux cable, video games


This cable would be OK for a set of headphones but you should not use it in the signal path between a source device, like an MP3 player or computer, and an amplifier. The shielding is so poor in this cable that it will pickup a considerable amount of 60Hz EMI (aka hum) and you won't like the results.



I bought this cable to connect my high-end Dell portable computer to the Sony pre-amplifier unit of my home entertainmenet system. I wanted to use my portable as an MP3 player since it's a lot easier to program and create playlists on a 17" computer screen than any of the portable MP3 players I've seen. When I had everything hooked up I experienced a very noticeable hum from my stereo speakers even before starting the player application on the computer. At first I thought I had a ground loop so I removed all other external cables (power, usb, ethernet) from the computer, running it on battery only. Still the hum persisted. Even with the AUD-1100-25 cable unplugged from the computer the hum persisted.



I then replaced the AUD-1100-25 with a pair of RCA cables w/ RCA to 1/8" stereo adapters and the hum went away. The RCA cables were hand-made with some quality shielded cable with the connectors hand-soldered by me. What a difference. So, that's what I ended up using.



Although I think Monster Cables and the like are a way over-priced, this product has gone too far in the other direction. I don't recommend this item if you're going to use it in an application that will amplify the signal (and noise) coming through the cable. It's easy to see why this cable is so cheap. Cables Unlimited AUD-1100-25 3.5mm Male to Male Stereo Cable (25 Feet, Black)

I bought this cable 4 months back. I noticed few days back it is playing only one side of speakers. Not working for stereo. Only one side at a time. Even tough I used this cable very rarely for my Creative speakers.

Now I will look for another cable.

Whenever the cable bends near the connector the audio crackles. Tried with different cable and it doesn't crackle. I wish I got a higher quality cable.



**update** Crackling is tolerable if you don't move the cable near the connectors. Works but not highest quality. added 1 star to 3 stars.

You do get a lot of cord (25ft) but for it costs less than what you can find in most stores for the 6ft cord. It works great for car ipod/auxillary jack which is what I purchased it for. I would recommend it. Just keep the extra cord tied up unless you need the full 25ft unravelled.

This was a perfect solution for running audio from my PC in a bedroom to the stereo in the living room. This, coupled with HDMI-M to DVI-M Cable, 25 FT / 7.6 M and Logitech Wireless Desktop MK320 with Keyboard and Mouse along with RiteAV - 3.5mm to RCA Stereo Female Cable - 6 inch have allowed me to use my primary PC as an HTPC without spending all the money on a separate system.

There isn't too much you can say about a stereo audio cable. It works fine and I haven't been able to hear any discernible distortion. I have 3 of these running from my desktop under a rug and past an unshielded 10in sub-woofer to my Z-5500's and it sounds great.



Pros:

+ Really long chord, I didn't quite realize how long 25 ft was.

+ Thin cable, easily hidden under rug

+ Black chord, easily hidden

+ Low cost



Cons:

- Some concerning reviews talking about distortion that worried me

- No Amazon prime free shipping?

Amazing product, shipped within two days arrived in a week. Packaged in a gray bag and inside was plastic bag with the cable.

It's 25ft long, I underestimated it's length when I purchased and it ended up being longer than needed. Nevertheless the sound quality from ipod/mp3 players etc are crystal clear.



No complaints only complements,



Thank you for a wonderful product!



-Kain Ravenix - Aux Cable - Audio Cables - Audio - Video Games'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information