Wednesday 5 October 2011

Hdmi Cable - audio, hdmi cable


These definately do the trick for custom building your home AV outlets...however, these keystone snap ins are susceptible to falling out/dislodging primarily because the HDMI cables rated for inwall use are pretty substantial and big and need a lot of room behind the wall plate to make the turns, etc. I have a couple boxes that each have 2 HDMI cables running into them and getting these couplers locked into the faceplace and getting the cables in often resulted in the keystone popping forward through the faceplate because the fit was so tight. Only after several tries, opening the box some more, and trial and error did I get it all in. Even now, I can tell some couplers are somewhat strained but, they do work. If I had to do it again, I perhaps would buy a faceplate with HDMI's built in and just use an extra gang box (or Low Voltage box) to make everything fit. Since I tried to squeeze in 2 HDMIs, 1 RG6, 2 Cat5's in a 3 gang, open back wall box may have been the problem. HDMI Snap-in Coupler Keystone for Wallplate

Not sure why a previous review states this doesn't fit quickport. On the contrary it fits Leviton quickport just fine, and any keystone for that matter. This makes a professional looking installation when you need to connect you HDMI cables thru wall plates.



I used 2 of these adapters in keystone plates to connect HDMI in-wall from the A/V receiver, up behind the wall, and then to a wall-mounted HDTV.



(I put a Leviton 690-W box behind a surface mounted HDTV with one of these adapters installed in the keystone plate. I needed to use a 90-degree flat HDMI adapter (90 degree left-hand bend) behind the plate since the recessed front panel of the 690-W reduces the rear clearance by approx 1 inch.)



Here's what I used with this adapter :

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012DMBGA/ref=oss_product

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002LJNKNM/ref=oss_product

As others have said, this does fit the Leviton Quickport. I've purchased two of these - one is mounted in a Leviton 4 Port Decora QuickPort Insert and the other is in a Leviton 2 Port QuickPort Decora Insert (which you can get cheaply at a big box home improvement store). The HDMI cables connected solidly to both sides of this coupler.



There are a couple of things to note about this product. First, the HDMI port will be vertical instead of horizontal because of the size of the port. Second, HDMI cables often have inflexible plugs so there may not be enough depth in the wall when the cable is connected to this coupler inside the wall (I installed it in a 2-gang recessed TV box). I had to order a 90-degree L-Shape HDMI Male to HDMI (19-pin) Female Connector to make the coupler and cable fit.



The picture on my TV is solid and I've got two of these between the television and the source. I've got no complaints about this product at all.

These arrived and the bag they are in was labeled as RIX brand. You can see a better pic and get more info on them at the Rixlabs website. In any case, I ordered these because the two I bought at Lowe's (On-Q brand) didn't work. They didn't pass the signal. These pass the signal fine. I don't know if these connectors support ARC, 3D, or ethernet since I don't currently use those functions of HDMI. These do fit the Leviton wallpate. They are straight, so clearance inside the box may be an issue. If I had to do it again, I'd have installed a doublegang box and used an HDMI wallplate as mentioned by another reviewer.

This item works very well, but you will need to make sure that the wall plate will support it. I got lucky. I was able to make mine fit after some man handling. But once it it set flush (very important).



I do recommend with the caveat of making sure that your wall plate will support it.

This "HDMI Snap-in QuickPort Connector" is not compatible with Leviton QuickPort. It is larger than QuickPort and does not fit QuickPort faceplates. It is in fact this item:



http://www.amazon.com/Keystone-Coupler-Snap-Wallplate-White/dp/B0039L3P86



I returned it. - Hdtv - Hdmi Cable - Audio - Install'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information