Wednesday 5 October 2011

Air Popcorn Popper - air popcorn popper, popcorn popper


Nothing last forever.



Presto has been making this popper for a long time. I bought one about 15 years ago, and use it maybe once a week. Makes wonderful popcorn, evenly popped, no burning, no oils, just great popcorn. You do need to put a big bowl under it and turn the bowl, but with this slight attention, there is no mess.



The popper died last night -- motor burned out. But how many consumer devices last 15 years? I got my money's worth.



So, I'm buying another one today. Why try something else when this works so well?



I'm in college and live on air popcorn (don't like microwave -- I'm spoiled!) Anyway, I had a Presto popper that died after 15 or 20 years of use. I got a new one that was a Salton and it only lasted a month. When I saw a Presto popcorn maker, I was thrilled! I trust this brand 100%! Nice to know that maybe I have another popper that will be around the next 20 years.

After getting fed up with the unhealthy ingredients in microwave popcorn, and with the hassles of stovetop popcorn making, I tried this unit. WOW, what a great unit! Pops fast, ZERO cleanup, and you have the option of butter, no butter, etc. This unit also has a small footprint in a cabinet or on a countertop. This unit takes only a few minutes to make a large amount of popcorn.

I love this popper. It is very fast and efficient. I do not use the option to melt butter in the cup as I prefer to have my butter ready to go and pour as the corn comes out of the popper. Once it starts to pop, it really finishes very quickly, so I have my little pitcher of melted butter ready and drizzle as the popcorn fills the bowl. Pops almost every kernel, the exception is once the first of the popcorn pops a few unpopped kernels are blown up and out of the popper (don't try to pick them up and put them back in HOT!), but it is way fewer than popping any other way. Highly recommend.

I've had this machine for several months now and I'm saying bye-bye along with some other items that are being donated in the morning. I'm going back to my old Black&Decker machine that I retired to the garage when this Presto arrived.



PROs:

This machine pops fairly well (leaves only a few unpopped kernels)

It's easy to clean.

It can dispense a fair amount of the old fluffy stuff in one sitting.



CONs:

There's no On/Off switch (unless you count the cord as a switch...).

It heats up the bowl the popcorn is shooting into. The bowl temperature can get high after a few minutes of blowing, thereby making it a bit hot to handle, especially for youngsters.

It shoots an occassional unpopped kernel into the receiving bowl. While no hot air popper is 100%, these hotties end up popping inside the bowl along side the already-popped kernels, thereby invariably sending a few airborn, right to the floor.



Don't get me wrong..., it's not a BAD machine. I just think my old antique B&D was a much better design. It popped kernels in a covered attached container. It had an On/Off switch, it had a butter-melting tray on top and it took up less room (not as top-heavy).



For the most part, I was disappointed in the Presto. The fact that it appeared bigger than my B&D and the idea that the corn would discharge directly into a separate bowl were the reasons for the purchase. The disadvantages outweighed the advantages. Having used a hot air popper for years prior to this, I have a reference to use for comparison.



This machine isn't too bad, but there are probably better designs out there. I'm sticking to my old one for now.

I haven't had any problems with my popcorn maker and I have already used it multiple times since I got it a couple of weeks ago. The popcorn pops fast, and hardly any kernals are left behind without popping. The only downside I would say is that because it pops so fast it leaves little time to melt the butter. But that isn't a big deal...you can just put the butter in the microwave and have it melted in no time. You can also just leave the popper on for a little longer while you wait for the butter to melt.Overall I am very satisfied with this purchase.

After looking for air poppers for a while I finally happened upon this one. We were tired of microwave and wanted something healtier. This machine is great. It uses only 1/2 cup of kernels which can be measured with the built-in cup and produces a HUGE bowl of popped corn and there is very little waste. It's a wonderful product and it's much more cost-effective than microwave popcorn too. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

I had a great popper for years and when it was lost in a move I bought a toastmaster which was AWFUL, it blew popcorn EVERYWHERE. When I bought this one I was so happy. It makes a large perfect bowl everytime and no kernals pop out of the bowl or are left unpopped!

We put this on our wish list for Christmas and received it as a Christmas gift. I am usually very hesitant about buying anything that some "famous" person has put their name on, just because I think it's kind of shady (I don't like the idea of paying for the "name" and making someone, who already has enough money, even wealthier). But I read every single review for every single popcorn popper and this one seemed like the best, so I went ahead and put it on our wish list.



We couldn't be happier than we are with this popcorn popper! It's perfect!



PROS ~

* It pops probably 95% of the kernels.

* It's fast.

* It's healthier (and not to mention, safer), since it uses hot air to pop the kernels and not oil.

* The popped kernels don't scatter and shoot out everywhere- the plastic top piece is there to "guide" the popcorn into the bowl so you won't end up with a huge mess. Just make sure you have a big enough bowl! (My husband made the popcorn the first night we used it and chose a bowl that was WAY too small and so we had some overflowing, whoops! ;-) )

* Price! If we didn't receive this as a gift for Christmas, I was going to buy it anyway.



CONS ~

* It's pretty loud, although that's to be expected. If we're watching TV, we wait until a commercial break to make the popcorn. - Popper - Popcorn Maker - Popcorn Popper - Air Popcorn Popper - Healthy Eating - Popcorn'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information