Wednesday 5 October 2011

Car Accessories - adapter, car accessories


This splitter is HEAVY and bulky. But if located correctly, these are advantages. I was using all 4 outlets with multiple swaps going on all day by people from different angles in the van, and there was never a problem with intermitant contact or loose contacts. I attribute that to the heavy casing and the heavy outlets. The only caution are the two tabs used to attach the splitter. They appear to be undersized if the splitter is hung. I used both the provided double-sided tape and the tabs to hang my splitter - it is quite stable. Wagan 4-Way 12V Automotive Socket Extender

I received this item fast and I installed it in about 5 minutes. It came with double sticky tape and 4 screws so you can choose which method is best for you. I chose the screws because I wanted a more secure installation. I drilled the holes and mounted the bracket and the unit attached easily. I plugged it in and hooked up my key fob charger, phone charger and radio transmitter and had all 3 operating without a hitch. The unit is sturdy and mounted with the screws I had no problems plugging and unplugging my devices. The only thing I can complain about is that the item I received was not the same as the picture so they must have substituted. I have no problem with that as the substitution in my opinion is better looking and it works awesome. I would buy another if I owned another vehicle. I recommend this to everyone.

I uploaded 4 pictures also so you can see the unit installed.

Not much to it. But still, it does what it supposed to do, and and is solid.



Comes with screws and a mount for the dash, and double sided tape so you can mount the way you prefer. 4 outlets, one with the "spring" bit that works with your cig lighter. The maybe 3' cord leading to the device is nice, and makes it flexible for mounting.

Cord is as specified @ 34"

Cord is all black unlike picture (its a newer model than pictured)

Cord is 18 gauge wire

Safegaurded by a 10 amp fuse

All 4 sockets are usable for any device and all 4 sockets can be used at the same time as long as the total amperage pulled by those 4 devices is a total of 10 amp's or less.



Mounting screws are very short, so I used some longer screws; I didn't try to use the doubled sided tape.



I installed the unit under the passenger dash on my bass boat and ran wires from the battery to a female adapter to the front where it connected to the male adapter.



Unit Works greats great



For the price it is a great deal.

This is exactly the product I was looking for. Multiple outlets one of which is still a functioning cigarette lighter, it includes hardware to bolt it down somewhere on your center console and is constructed of high quality materials.



This isn't some cheap, mass produced piece of junk. The plug has a fuse to keep from ruining whatever you have plugged in, the cord is thick and durable and the sockets are nice and tight so nothing slips out of them. You get nice solid contact inside the plug and everything works great.





I went from having one 12V cig outlet to having 4. One for my radar detector, phone charger, MP3 player and a cig lighter. Very satisfied overall with this product. Exceeded my expectations. For the price and with Prime shipping you'd be making a mistake to buy something else.

I bought a couple of these for the back outlets of my Suburban to handle all the gizmos and gadgets the kids would need to keep them entertained on a looooooong trip. The quality of the unit is great, as is the usefulness. I don't know exactly how much capacity I have before I blow a fuse, but, the device is great, so far. The cord allows us to use the far back (luggage area) plug, while keeping the 4 outlets closer to the kids in the far rear seat. So... DVD players, iTouches, video games, phone chargers, electric inverter, and lots more can be all used at the same time, allowing for a peaceful long family car trip. :)

This unit is a simple, yet well built 4-way splitter for 12VDC power. Although I purchased this item for a friend, and so I have not used it extensively, I did disassemble it when I got it in order to disable the LEDs that light up when it's plugged in. I was impressed by it's high-grade wiring for the price. A thorough test proved that it was fully functional, and of course it's well fused. A good buy for anyone looking for more 12VDC power outlets. In this case, I was buying it for a solar power system. Perfect!

After four family trips and countless hours of use, the Wagan 4-Way 12V Automotive Socket Extender continues to deliver as promised. This handy little gadget is value priced at under $10.



A typical trip involves charging two cell phones and two Nintendo DS Lite game consoles. We chose not to install the mounting hardware since the cord is long enough to run between the front seats and reach the back of our car. Our sons simply wind up the 34" cord along with their Nintendo DS accessories.



Each of the sockets provided a snug fit. Aside from an MP3 player or an electric blanket, I don't foresee using any larger electronic devices (e.g. portable TV).



Rating: Five stars. - Car Accessories - Adapter - Car Power - Dual Car Adapter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information