Wednesday 5 October 2011

Printer Cable


I needed a Male A-to-Male A USB cable for an external watercooling box I custom-built. It's an odd and difficult-to-find cable to be sure (most are the A to B variants), but I needed to connect up two female ports and this was the only way to do it. It was also black which fit with my color scheme. A little high in price relative to what they can be found for elsewhere online, but it was exactly what I wanted. Detected my device as a USB 2.0 - been working great for 4 months now. No problems. USB Type A Male / Type A Male Cable, 2.0 Version, Black, 6 ft

When I was attempting to connect a printer to a laptop, trying to find a male-to-male link was an exercise in frustration. Going from one store to another, talking to sales employees who's manner ranged from helpful to surly almost caused me to give up my quest.

When I decided to check the Amazon site, not only was I able to find my product but get it quickly.



The cables work well. The price was right. All is well with the world.

Grab it up now rather than wasting time going from store to store only to find you've used eight George Washington's in gas to find nothing. Easy purchase here. (Note: If you're copying data from one computer to another, this isn't the cable you want. That particular cable will be similar to this but will instead have a chunky blob in the middle of the cable. FYI.

It turns out that I ordered the wrong part...OOPS. As to the product. It appears to be well made and would work for the applications it is designed for. Since it is a low cost item, I decided to keep it...a need will show up for it, and I'll be ready!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information