Wednesday 5 October 2011

Pocket Weather Radio - emergency radio, weather radio


I have a number of so-called weather alert radios. Without fail they all have a myrid of features that really dont have a lot to do with simply giving me a weather forecast for my area. This one does, in a simple, straight-forward manner, provide me with a weather forecast and alert if I so choose, and thats basically it. It doesn't fry eggs, give the weather for China, text message, or any other questionably related functions. It is lightweight, simple to use and does what they say it will do.

What will they think of next! MIDLAND HH50 Pocket Weather Radio

I have an old portable AM/FM radio with weather band, but I was looking for something really compact with a weather alert feature that could be carried in a pocket or fanny pack. This one fits the bill. A nice feature: of the seven channels, it automatically scans for the strongest signal in your area. You can also cycle through all available channels manually. Simple to use with the quality of Midland!

I am absolutely delighted with this weather radio and have been recommending it to everyone I know! Having been frustrated by complicated radios that require code inputs depending on where you are, this one that you simply turn "on" is a huge relief. It automatically picks up the nearest NOAA signal. Last weekend it gave me, and several other campers huddled around it atop a mountain, the regional weather information (crystal clear reception) that we needed to make travel decisions. Last night, it gave me and colleagues critical information to plan commutes. When tornado watches have extended beyond bedtime, I simply click the lever up one more notch to "alert" knowing it will signal if severe weather happens overnight. This unit is a tremendous bargain. It's sleek, fits in a small purse. Anyone who lives east of the Rockies should have one of these nearby during tornado and hurricane season. I have two of these devices so that one will remain in my car and one will be in my purse.

I bought this radio hoping it would be OK and I would not have to ship it back. I was pleasantly suprised at what a good job this little (it is very small) radio does. It has had no problems receiving broadcasts and delivers clear crisp sound that is easily controlled for volume. It automatically searches for the strongest signal and is a no brainer to operate. I highly recommend it to campers and hikers and anyone that has a need for a small easily carried weather radio. It can also be set for alert mode whereby it will automatically come on if it receives an alert signal from NOAA. It has both a belt clip and a wrist strap. Well worth the small price.

This is exactly what I've been looking for. Very compact, simple to use, good reception, what more could you ask for. The price is also reasonable. My first CB base station was a Midland when I was a kid so I know I can trust them.

Just like this review, no bells or whistles on this radio. It works like it is supposed to.



The receiver is not super sensitive but very acceptable for what it was intended to do. The speaker is rather small but you can't put anything bigger in it. No bells or whistles but for the price you shouldn't expect any.



I bought this for my brother. He often drives from Louisville, Ky. to Indianapolis and the weather can be quite different there. He suffers lacerations at the cutting edge of technology. All he needs is something he can turn on and hear the weather. He doesn't care how many channels are available. This radio fits him fine. He turns it on, it finds a channel with a signal, he hears the weather report.



Here's the bottom line. If you need a no frills radio at a bargain basement price, I'd take a look at this one. This could also be a great radio for campers or backpackers. It's light weight and if you happened to loose it it's not like loosing that $98.99, do everyting radio.

I gave this weather alert radio to my husband for christmas and he's been talking about it ever since. he likes everything about it. He has used other products by Midland and indicates that the brand is very reliable. It's easy to use and a great size for carrying.

Purchased my Midland HH50 Weather radio almost a year ago. It works well delivering weather forecasts & storm alerts as needed. We take it with us in our vehicle when we travel and it has proven to give peace of mind in tricky weather situations. A worthy investment. Batteries wear down a bit quickly, but not any real issue.

Small and lightweight. Autoscan worked well and immediately went to weather station which gave local weather report.Volume control increased sound to nice level. Very good sound quality for small unit.Alert option nice extra. Easy to use. Worked better than my larger weather radio w/o autoscan. - Pocket Weather Radio - Weather Radio - Weather Alert - Emergency Radio'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information