Friday 15 April 2011

Zune Accesories - cables, aux cable


I like to hook up my iPod to whatever vehicle I'm driving when I'm at work, and twice I tried the more convenient retractable MP3 audio input cable, I think the brand might have been Belkin or Realtec or one of the big brands that make iPod accessorys. However, both times the hardware falls short- within weeks of use, it was necessary to twist the cable around because it was losing contact, and within months it just quit.

This Monster cable is solid and well built. I don't forsee any of the same problems that I had with the more cheaply-made retractable cables. Monster makes quality products that are built to last- I still use Monster cables from my first surround sound system at home that I purchased in 2000. Monster iCable 800 MP3 Player to Auxiliary Input Cord (3 Feet)

I originally tried the "Griffin" Aux cable that sells for $15 at AT&T retail locations and was not satisfied so I figured I'd try these given the low price on Amazon.



There is a night and day difference in quality. This is the best quality that I've found in terms of not having a factory installed iPhone/iPod adapter.



There isn't too much else to say. Definitely a solid purchase after being skeptical from the previous cable I tried.

I just bought a new Subaru with an auxiliary port, so I wanted to get a cable. This works perfectly and the Ipod sounds great on the stereo! The length of the cord is perfect - my port is in my console between the front seats, so I store it right there.

Monster makes top quality products. I purchased a different brand before I bought this one and it sucked. First it didn't fit my iphone and I had to buy another attachment that fits my iphone and the AUX cord too. Then when I plugged it into my car, the sound quality was horrible. The connection from my iphone to the AUX cord didn't fit properly and the cord would come out all the time. When I purchased the Monster cord it was perfect. The sound quality is excellent and I never lose the connection. It definitely a great purchase.

Cable seems to be very durable and probably wont short out like some of the cheaper cables. However whenever the cable is moved there is popping, crackling and other distortion noises. Even small movements like whenever I make a turn or brake makes these popping noises. I might have just gotten a defective unit, who knows, but for $14 for a 3 ft. cable I expected much more. You can probably find a equally durable cable for cheaper and don't have so much distortion, it is only a 3.5mm aux cable after all; hard to justify the $14 price tag.

I made the mistake of buying a cheapo cord to play an iPod through our Bose Wave radio. The darned thing wouldn't work! So, I bought the Monster cord which I should have purchased to begin with. You can always expect that a Monster cable or cord will work and work perfectly.

3.5mm audio patch cables are quite common, easy to find, and most importantly -- cheaper. Shop around. Don't buy into Monster's marketing nonsense about their "highest quality" cables. If you must go with Monster, find the one with rough tough connectors, and find it cheap.



BUT ONE IMPORTANT NOTE....



Monster's Mr. Gibbins' claim that this is the "best possible sound" is inaccurate. The best sound quality you can get from an iPod specifically, is a DOCK CONNECTOR to 3.5mm cable, like this Cables To Go iPod-Compatible 3.5mm to Dock Connector Audio Cable. Cables like this utilize the un-amplified, pure LINE-OUT audio from the iPod and lets your stereo do the sound control and amplification. (Your model may vary, but iPods' Sound Check and EQ settings are in effect for line-out audio, so it's best to disable those when you play it on other than straight headphones.)



If you don't have a charger/audio combination, look for integrated solutions, like SendStation's SmartCharge w/PowerCord or similar (look for products which use the docking connector, and feature an "audio out" jack). In the case of these products, they may NOT come with the 3.5mm audio patch cable, in which ... consider a high quality audio patch cable like this. (If this sounds like a contradiction, remember that you're connecting cleaner sounding line-out audio that comes through the docking port, NOT through the Headphone jack.)

I had two other cables that wouldn't quite fit into the hole in my iPhone 4 case. I searched and searched for a cable with a design that would work and one that wasn't 6 feet long. This was perfect. The connector is designed to work with a case and the length (3 feet) is perfect. I may have paid a little more for this one, but it is worth every penny.

The cable provides exceptionally clear sound quality when hooked up to my car stereo, and even though it is not explicitly mentioned, it DOES work with the recessed iPhone 2G audio port. The length is just right for my Audi A3, since the Aux In port is in the center console, close to the cup holder, so there is not a lot of excess cable left. All in all a very good, sturdy product. - Cables - Ipod Accessories - Aux Cable - Monster Cable'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information