Friday 15 April 2011

Frustration-fre - memory card, frustration-fre


Well, it was great while it lasted. Unfortunately, it did not last long.



Like other reviewers, after <20 use cycles the device failed and I got a "lock" error when, in fact, the write-protection lock was not engaged. Oddly, by engaging the lock (i.e. entering read-only mode) I was able to remove the picture files from the card. Obviously, further use in the camera was impossible; I was also unable to reformat the card (either with my camera or with the SD Associations free software [..]).



This card has a high average rating but I would urge customers to consider the number of 1-star ratings due to complete product failure before they purchase this item. Transcend 16 GB Class 6 SDHC Flash Memory Card TS16GSDHC6E

Transcend 16 GB SDHC SD Class 6 Flash Memory Card TS16GSDHC6E [Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging]

I have 4 of these cards that I use in my Panasonic HMC-150, a professional grade video camera. I've run read/write tests on all of them and they get about 14 MB/s write speeds and 17.5 MB/s read speeds. Never encountered any errors! These cards are the best bang for your buck, and the frustration free packaging is awesome.

I recently ordered this card as an accessory for my Acer Aspire One netbook PC. The card took a little while to ship, about 8 days, but that wasn't a big deal. The card has lots of space, and the read speeds are quite impressive. I mostly use it to run and store portable software, and it does a very good job at that.



My only complaint is that when I first inserted the card into my PC it attempted to install some adware. The program was from a company called RelevantKnowledge, and they gather your information for market research purposes. Luckily my spyware software picked it up immediately,so I was able to delete it. Afterward I formatted the card, and now I'm happy as can be.

This was a great fast card while it worked. I used it several times during one month period, and then it crashed and now Windows says "delayed write failed" everytime I insert it into my SDHC reader (tried diff readers on couple PCs). It is ok to use this card for fast transfer of copies of your data (like play images in digital picture frame), but should not be used as a primary storage for images/video (e.g. used in digital or video camera on a vacation of a lifetime).

This 16GB HC SD card works wonderfully in my digital camera. It arrived fast and the Amazon frustration free packaging is just that - easy to open, less waste to dispose of, and less annoying! What can I say, so far, the card works wonderfully and even Best Buy and other stores don't have SD cards this big yet. They only had 8GB when I looked and they wanted as much as a 16GB here on Amazon.



Like all SD cards, the back side's vertical, blue plastic pieces are delicate. I wouldn't use these, or any SD cards, in a card reader. Just plug your camera into the USB directly to transfer images, much safer for the card.



Great deal!

I bought this memory card for my Canon SD1100is, it works great and at 8MP can hold about 1,900 pictures. If only I would have waited until they came out with the frustration-free packaging for this! That was by far the most annoying part, trying to get into the thing. Do yourself a favor and buy the one with the new packaging! --> Transcend TS8GSDHC6E 8 GB SDHC Card (SD 2.0 SPD Class 6) [Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging] Oh, I should also add that amazon is the best place to buy any kind of memory card. I've compared prices with stores and they're always about twice as much there as on amazon. The money you can save is worth waiting a day or two to get it.

I would not recommend this card for any use where you can't afford to lose data. The card although quite speedy, failed on reading out images and movies on it's third use. The card now shows only 11 GB and the only way I was able to get some of my images back was with a data recovery software which read the low level blocks. I suspect one of the banks on the flash failed taking about a quarter of my images with it.



My experience does not seem to be unique. Unfortunately, I didn't read the other reviews before I placed my order. I have an 8GB Transcend SDHC which has worked flawlessly for over a year, so I thought I could extrapolate form that experience :-(



Hopefully, I'll be able to get my money back. Even if Transcend replaces it, I doubt that I would ever use it out of fear of losing valuable pictures.

I bought two of these to use in my Canon XSi and I ordered both of them with Amazon's frustration-free packaging, which is a wonderful idea. I thought the price was reasonable even though they were more expensive with the new packaging, and they both seem to be good cards. Both worked upon arrival and I formatted and used both without a problem. I was hesitant at first to purchase them because I didn't recognize the brand. I have always purchased memory cards from Kingston and SanDisk. These seem to be fine and they were cheaper than the other brands. - Memory Card - Frustration-fre - 16gb - Sdhc'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information