Friday 15 April 2011

Monitor Cables - computer cables, dvi


Purchased a Mac Mini. Needed a DVI cable.



My only local choices were Radio Shack and Circuit City.



RS had only one choice, a $105 dollar Monster Cable (6'). Pass



CC had only once option, a Belkin for $70. Bought, knowing that I wanted a cable immediately, but also figuring I'd find a cheaper one online. And find it I did, in less than 90 seconds.



Looking at my display (a ViewSonic N3200W 32" LCD TV/Monitor), I cannot tell the difference between the two. So.. Returned the $70 cable and am very happy paying only 15% as much, even including shipping (The cable came 2 days later, even without "expedited shipping").



So.. Great cable at a great price. Cables To Go 26911 DVI-D Male/Male Dual Link Digital Video Cable, White Connectors (2 Meter/6.56 Feet)

This is a very high quality cable. It may not have the expensive marketing of Monster, but it has all the right materials, specifically high-performance polypropylene foam dielectric on the signal lines. The connectors are large and solidly molded. Cable diameter is somewhat large at about 9 millimeters or 3/8 of an inch, but that's a result of the good internal construction. That favorable construction also results in a cable that's somewhat stiff, but fully managable. Be sure to get a cable long enough so you can have some slack to make a strain relief loop at the connections. (In other words the cables should not be pulled tight at the connectors or into sharp bends anywhere. Bends should be gradual, with large radii.)

This is item 29527 on CablesToGo's website (sorry, Amazon doesn't let me paste the link). The price on their website is $40, so here you are getting a good deal.



This is a 24-pin male-male DVI-D digital cable. It's cheap and feels cheap, but delivers good performance. I use it to hook my Denon DVD-1910 DVI DVD player to my Syntax Olevia LCD TV. It can also hook to most other HDTVs, such as those made by Sharp, Pioneer, Panasonic, Toshiba, Hitachi, etc.



Most HDTVs and DVI-capable DVD players have female connectors, so you need this M/M cable. But double-check your device to make sure.

Cables To Go DVI-D cable arrived promptly and in good condition. Although it's my 1st DVI cable, it's obvious that it is well constructed and designed -thicker than most, perhaps accounting for shielding of interferences. Overall, this cable provides a solid connection between the digital ports on my display adapter and my flat panel display without any kind of video signal blemishes. They're highly recommended since they do what they're designed to do and they do so very good.

This dvi cable is a great value for the price. DVI cables in my area cost 5x higher so this was the only way to go for me. I highly recommend this item if you don't want anything longer and need to have a dvi connection that isn't going to break the bank.

I needed the analog port on my Samsung SynchMaster 191T for a second PC to connect to, so I bought this cable to replace my missing DVI cable and connect it to PC #1. Shut everything down, installed the DVI cable, booted up - and it works perfectly. Definitely worth what I paid on Amazon (almost half the full price at the time).

Buying cables on Amazon seems to save about half the cost vs. buying them at a retailer, and if you need a DVI cable this is definitely a good one to get.



This cable is about 50% longer than the ones that came with my LCD computer monitor. It's well made with a thick jacket that's reasonably flexible given it's diameter. The plugs on either end carry the full compliment of DVI pins, which presuambly means it will connect any two DVI devices. - Digital Cable - Dvi - Computer Cables - Monitor Cables'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information