Friday 15 April 2011

Dvi To Hdmi - monitor extension cables, cable


I bought this to hook my computer to my new HD TV, so i could not only watch video from my computer to my TV, but also so i could sit back on my couch and do my internet and word processing work. I am using this right now and it's great have watched some TV and music videos through this and the sound quality is good but not great I think that a movie experience would fall a bit flat. This is a must have for anyone who likes to compute and integrate their technologies within a room. Premium 25ft HD15 M/M VGA / SVGA / UXGA with AUDIO Monitor Projector Cable Stereo 3.5mm Audio - Double Shielded UL Listed

This item does what it is supposed to do. I use it to link an older desktop PC to my HDTV in another room. The tv acts as a second monitor, picture and sound. I can now watch internet movies and tv episodes from the comfort of my recliner.



The cable works as expected. It's just a stupid cable; what more can one expect? Note: If you intend to use this cable for such a purpose, I highly recommend that you also order the 1 Male to 2 Female Video Splitter Cable, available from Amazon. This setup enables both monitors to operate simultaneously.

This cable has proven to be worthless for me. Every time I connect it to a PC I get all sorts of sound and video noise. It says double shielded, but that appears to be untrue, at least for the cables that I purchased. I will be trying to find a better set of cables.

I got this to hook up my desktop (Intel i5 650 @3.20 GHz) to my Samson 42" LCD HDTV. The cord is great and the audio and video are 100% PERFECT. We love to watch our movies and play our pc games on the big screen. Using a wireless Xbox 360 controller is perfect for pc games. The cord was like $11.50 (USD) and I got FREE SHIPPING with my order of +$25.00 (USD). You will probably not find a better deal on this cord. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS CORD!!!!!!!!

I ordered this item because the seller stated that there was a full 18 inches of audio cord coming out of each end. After reading a review lamenting another sellers short cord, I got a VGA cable that was much longer than I needed hoping it would simplify the rest of my cords. This seller also comes up way short at a mere 10 inches. These companies need to do some homework and have their "engineers" actually attempt to use them on a computer before they produce them. Another 8 inches would make the world of difference. I give it more that one star because it does still work as a VGA cable.

This is a very heavy-duty cable for the price. Unfortunately, for a desktop monitor, the 25-foot length caused too much reduction in video quality for me. I would recommend this for video projectors where the loss in signal stregth is not so apparent.

Heavy duty cable does the job with clear picture, but for my Dell Inspiron15 Laptop, where the SVGA conn is on the left side, and the Headset/audio out jack is in the front of it, the audio 'pigtail' wouldnt reach--had to add a F-F conn and 3'ft cable I had laying around to reach (was about 2" too short alone)

Signal degradation (in a noise free environment) over the length of cable is too high for proper use with an HDTV at 1080p settings. My laptop was able to successfully recognize the tv using a much shorter VGA cable, but when replaced with this one the laptop no longer can recognize the brand of TV and adjusts to 'generic LCD' with poor resolution settings. Even at the available low resolution settings the signal quality is very poor, with ghosting around the edges of the display area and audio buzzing.



Save yourself money and/or time and avoid buying this if you are doing an HDTV setup.



Update: Moved my rating from 1 star to 2 stars because I was able to get it to work at 1280X720 (effectively 720p) resolution after playing with settings for a while. Text font is still difficult on the eyes, but for gaming it's 'good enough' considering it's only a $10 cable. - Vga Cable - Cable - Cables - Monitor Extension Cables'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information