Friday 15 April 2011

Storage Boxes - labeler, labeling


This product has no AC power connecting ability and uses a set of 4 AAA batteries for power. It takes one set of batteries to create a label, and it does not like rechargeables. So it is a silly product when you have to keep replacing batteries over and over. Brother P-touch Electronic Labeling System, Royal Blue (PT80SCCP)

Even for a cheap labeler, this is very poor. Construction is plastic and feels light, and the printing function failed after just a few uses. New batteries didn't help, I was very disappointed in this product.

Nice labels - Terrible Battery Consumption!

I have disposed of all THREE of my "AAA PT80s" and use the labels in my older one that uses "AA" batteries.

The "AAA PT80" is an environmental criminal - batteries dead after only a few labels..

So happy with this labeling system! I wasn't expecting much considering the very affordable amount that I paid for it. When I received it, it felt very light and compact and fits well in my hands. I wouldn't call it flimsy. The instructions included were very clear and concise. I tested it and was very happy with the outcome. I love that I can now label anything since I promised myself to be more organized. I never even gave buying a labeller that much thought because of the expensive ones I'd see in the stores. But after seeing this on Amazon and reading the reviews here, I was convinced.



I have no problem whatsoever with peeling the backing off the tape, and I don't have long nails (I cut my nails really really short). The print on the tape stays put and doesn't smear. It's very easy to cut the tape once you're done printing, you don't need to press on the cutter very hard. The screen is big enough and the buttons are easy to work with. Probably the ONLY complaint I have is that I cannot preview the text in its actual form (underlined, italicized, etc)...I can only see if I spelled it right and the size of the label. But then again, I don't need any fancy letterings on mine. I just need my labels to either be large or small, italicized or bold, etc. And the basic functions fulfill this, provided I enter the correct settings. Very easy to do by the way.



All in all, it's a fantastic product which does as it says for a very very good price! I have yet to comment on battery life. The first set I put in are still working.

I just got this yesterday, and put brand new duracell long-life batteries, and it is now saying that the battery is low. I made sure to shut it off when I was done using it, so I don't know if this is a bad one, or this model just sucks up the battery quicker? I am bummed- I have been waiting a long time to get a label maker, always thought they were in the $40 range... but I got this for $23 with shipping! Price point is really good, and other than the low battery issue, I like it. Wish it came with more label choices, though.(color wise) - Organization - Labeling - Brother Labeling Tape - Labeler'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information