Friday 15 April 2011

Deep Carpet Cleaning


I purchased this product at Target so that I could use it during a long weekend. We have had some issues with pet urination on the carpet and I wanted to get the smell out. Overall, this is a good product. It left my home smelling fresh. It was amazing how filthy the water was, I hadn't realized how dirty the carpets had gotten. I am sure that there are more heavy duty machines on the market but for my budget and problem, this worked great for me. The cleaning solvent isn't cheap but such a small amount is used, it will last for a long time. I have found that Bissell products work wonderfully and this lives up to it. Bissell Quicksteamer Multi Surface Lightweight Deep Cleaner, 17701

This is a great little steamer! I have used one for many years and have been very pleased with the results. I have only used it on carpet but it really shines in that area. Well worth it to have this handy anytime you need it. Leaves the carpet looking a smelling great. It doesnt have all the powered gizmos but I dont think you need those. It really pulls the dirt out. It is small enough that it takes up very little space in the closet when your done with it. The water bottle is so easy to use, plug&play operation makes filling it a snap.

Ms. D. was quite skeptical when she heard that the replacement for our broken Hoover was going to be an inexpensive, little QuickSteamer but, after we took it for a test drive, each cleaning one room - his and hers - we were both happy with our purchase.



The QuickSteamer has a couple of good things going for it:



- low price

- light weight makes it easy to take it upstairs and back even with a full tank

- good cleaning performance on both carpets and hard floors (tried it on ceramic and marble)

- well built, well designed

- easy to operate, and that includes taking the solution and collection tanks in and out, filling, emptying and cleaning them and replacing the brushes

- marked levels for detergent and water on both tanks

- easy to assemble by attaching the upper body to the the lower body and the handle to the upper body with a total of three screws

- easy to replace carpet and hard floors brushes

- well written, helpful manual

- one-year warranty on everything other than brushes, belts or filters



Not everyone may like the fact that the tanks are smaller than what you get in a 'full size' steamer, meaning you will have to replace the solution more often. The small size also translates into a relatively narrow 9" brush vs 12"-wide brushes for 'full size' steamers. The QuickSteamer is quicker and more agile because of its light weight but wide and heavy vs. narrow and light is a matter of personal preference.



I am going to rate the QuickSteamer a five star because of its quality and low price - translating in good value - and because both myself and Ms. D. liked the outcome. We didn't time it but we both agreed that, even though it's narrower than the old Hoover, it took less time to finish a room with the QuickSteamer because it moved faster and the carpets were cleaner.



--

>> Brush your teeth, it's the law! <<

This quicksteamer is great for small carpet cleaning areas. It seemed to work fine and was easy to use. The one thing that I didn't like about it was that the brush does not move on it. It is a staionary brush that just uses it's bristles to scrub the area. It was good for what I needed it for though.

I hadnt cleaned my carpets in almost a year and I have 2 dogs who have accidents frequently, i did my whole townhouse in about 4 hrs and it dried within about 2. It did GREAT on pet stains and high foot traffic areas. I bought the bissel pet cleaner and odor removal bottle and it worked way better than the little bottle they send with it. The only reason I didnt give it 5 stars was because we had 2 spots that wouldnt come out but Im not sure what would actually work. I also ad to refill the water tank often on the tough to clean spots more than I would of liked.

I used this practically right out of the package. We have had so much rain and the downspout had (unbeknownst to us) come loose, allowing the rain to wash right into our window well. I put this machine to work immediately. It had no problem sucking up the rain from the carpet. I was thrilled with the heavy duty work it provided. This machine is so lightweight also. I have had four back surgeries and this does not bother me using it. A simpleton could put it together and I am so happy that it doesn't take a forklift to empty/refill the tank(s). I can't say enough good about this little cleaner with a "Big" attitude. It reminds me of my Chihuaha! Also, Amazon did not charge shipping so the price break compared to QVC/HSN is tremendous!

I own one of these and am totally in love with it,

ok so I'm a bored housewife in love with cleaning products!



It does a great job of cleaning carpets- the water that comes out proves how much dirt is collected- even though I have a fantastic vacuum cleaner.

My brother borrowed it and said his carpets looked just as good afterward as when they've had a pro come in.



It isn't perfect (small tank) but is great value.

Highly recommend!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information