Wednesday 16 February 2011

Remotes - universal remote control, remotes


I bought this remote for my dad. He loved the big buttons and rubber grips as well as the blue backlit keys. One nice feature of the design was he could rest it on the arm of his recliner and just point it at the TV. The programming was simple for his Pioneer TV and his Verizon Fios receiver. Elexa LZ6100 La-Z-Boy Mega Universal Remote Control (Black)

Remote had several options for setting up various devices including learning. Panel has a cool blue glow when touched. Functions and numbers are easy to find by feel. I have elderly parents who now can easily access the channel selectors.

Whlie this is truly a big button remote it is still comfortable to hold and very full featured for money.

Just what the doctor ordered. No more fumbling in the near dark trying to find the off button or the next channel. The unit was easy to set up. Note that the codes given may be right for your set. Try them a couple of times. The first code was right for the Insignia TV, a Best Buy generic brand made for them, but for some reason it took twice to get it to accept it. I would highly recommend this product.

I love the big lit up blue buttons of this remote, but

it can be confusing to use if you want to do more than

just the basics. For example, you have to press "shift"

and then"7" to access subtitles. Same thing (using

different numbers) for info, picture in picture, etc.

So if you want a large remote to and won't need anything

fancy, I would recommend it. Otherwise, probably not.

I really liked the looks of this remote - especially the large, lighted buttons. However, after trying a zillion codes, I called Customer Service and found out it does not work with my satellite company - DirecTV. I was disappointed and will return the remote.

Ugh! Besides being an incredibly HUGE remote, the large buttons on this remote are soft and need to be pressed for seconds before responding. And to be pressed down hard.



If you have arthritis or carpal tunnel or any such problems I suggest you look elsewhere for a remote.



The only nice thing about it is the back light color.



Will be returning immediately.

I have a 32" RCA (CRT) that I bought in 2005, the remote is lost and it seems like the cold solder joints on the TV are going out. The hard buttons on the TV do what they want; the volume up changes the channel, the channel down turns the TV off, etc. This changes with every push of the buttons.

I got this remote because I am to lazy to pull the TV apart and fix it, and I am not ready to upgrade the bedroom TV yet. I thought it would be harder to lose the remote if it was BIG. I wanted the biggest one they made, this one isn't it but it is as long as the biggest. The reason why I went with this remote is because it has a backlight. Unfortunately, that is the only problem with this remote. The backlight turns on some times. This isn't a big enough problem to send it back, so I will keep it.

The remote is big and easily fits in one hand. It is kind of heavy so you wouldn't want to hold it for along time. The remote is well made and feels sturdy when pushing the buttons.

Programming it was very simple. You can program it manually with the included code book or automatically with the built in library. After reading both directions I thought it would be easier to program it manually but after trying all the codes on the included sheet it did not work, so I tried the automatic built in library and it found the code for me. Although the instructions for programming look intimidating they are not, I could do it again with my eyes closed.

This remote did not work on my HD converter box.

... if you have an obscure, el-cheapo HDTV (like Olevia, for example), this remote may not work. I've struggled for hours to get a connection between the TV and the remote, via manual code entry and automatic library search. I also spoke to the TV's 3rd party service folks who could only suggest trying the codes of other brands. Brilliantly futile.



I've no doubt the remote works well with mainline manufacturers, but be careful to save your packaging in case you must return the LZ6100..

I get this w/a case of batteries,since it doesn't come with any.I get the TV to work no problem,then go on to the Direct tv box.Enter all the codes twice and just freezes up the remote,where the whole key pad just stays lit,until you take the batteries out.I call the service number and they tell me the batteries are low.We know this is not correct I just put brand new Duracell's in it.I change them,just to make the lady from customer service happy,still did the same thing.Then she wasn't sure but she said try taking the batteries out for a 1/2 hr and it (should) reset itself.When I told her it happened when trying to set the Direct tv box,then she tells me those codes in there(the book)will not work with that brand.They just package the same book with all different models of remotes made by them.Really doesn't Direct tv probably have the most boxes out there?So I sent it back the same day,I didn't need another tv remote,it was all a waste of time!!` - Remote Controls - Remotes - Universal Remote Control'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information