Wednesday 16 February 2011

Countdown Timer - digital timer, timer


This is perfect for us! My daughter likes to fall asleep with the light on and with our creaky floors, I would sometimes wake her when I went back in her room to turn the light off. This solves my problems! I have the light plugged into it and turned on. When I want the light on, I push the button on the timer. It counts down 60 minutes and shuts itself off. It's perfect. Also, I have it plugged into the lower outlet, so the upper one is accessible if I need to plug in a humidifier or something else.



Although it pains me to admit it, I had forgotten to turn my hair straightener off a couple times. It's almost unbearable to think how easily it could have fallen to the floor, ignited the carpet, and burned the house down with my beloved pets inside! Like many people, I'm a busy person and my mind is usually in several different places. So I try very hard not to be absentminded, but these things happen.



Thank goodness this auto shut-off safety outlet is on the market. $14.99 is such a small price to pay for peace of mind. If you're thinking about buying this for similar reasons, don't hesitate. BUY IT!

I can't count the times that I had to return home to make sure that I have turned the coffee maker off! This little unit gives me the peace of mind, that even if I forgot, it will be turned off after one hour. It has only one on and off button. If not turned off manually, stays on for one hour. It is very simple to use and very reliable. Requires standard 3 prong outlet.

My mother has begun leaving the stove on, and her caseworker suggested some sort of timer. This works fine when she leaves it in; unless I glue it to the outlet, she can still take it out and plug in her appliances directly. But good buy, good little product.

This is a great product to help you save energy in a very convenient way. It not only turns off in 60 minutes automatically, but you can use the button to turn it off any time you want. I use it for a water pick. I turn it on by pushing the on-button when I want to use it and turn it off when I am done. If I forget to turn it off, it will turn off automatically in an hour. I have another similar auto-off outlet by a different brand that does not have a on-off switch and you have to select after how long it turns off. I find this one to be more convenient and to provide more control for things you use for only a few minutes. I verified using a meter that the energy drain from this device goes to almost zero when it is off.

We use it mainly to prevent our baby bottle warmer for staying on the whole night and the water evaporating (which I assume could lead to a fire). In the future the plan is to use it with wife's hair curling thing that she has a tendency to leave on!



Yep we've got a lot of years planned for this little guy.

I love this timer, I use it for my soldering iron, hot glue gun, space heater, and vaporizer. I am a very forgetful person and really worry I will burn my house down by forgetting to turn something hot off, this is great I plug it in, press the on button and whatever is getting hot has power for one hour. If I need more time you just toggle it on and off and you have another hour, but you never have to worry about leaving something on. - Timer Switch - Timer - Eco-friendly - Outlet - Outlet Timer - Digital Timer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information