Wednesday 16 February 2011

Cassette - ipod cassette adapter, ipod accessories


I have been buying one cassette adapter after another (yes, I am doing my part to revive our economy), and I have been frustrated again and again. With the Monster iCarPlay Cassette Adapter 800 I have finally found a cassette adapter that doesn't rattle as the spokes turn in my vehicle's player; however, I have found a cassette adapter that instead provides a low hum. It sounds like an impedance mismatch or grounding problem but I am not a big expert on audio problems so I cannot say for sure. Most of the time, the music covers the hum (just as it did the rattles) but I hear it when there is low or no music. (It actually helps to remind me the adapter is still in and the player on, as did the rattle, of course, but that is not ideal.)



For others with music quality problems, I would ask if you have turned down the volume on your player to prevent overdriving the cassette heads. This is a basic step for me, but I am not sure if it is common knowledge for everyone.



Love that the rattle is gone.

Hate that there is a low hum (as I am easily bothered by certain noises, as if you couldn't guess).

Like the shorter cord (as my iPhone/iPod sit close to the cassette player and the longer cords of other adapters get all tangled).

Like the black color with a touch of red (aesthetics).



Still searching for the perfect adapter.



...sigh... Monster iCarPlay Cassette Adapter 800 for iPod and iPhone (3 feet)

I purchased the Monster iCarPlay Cassette Adapter 800 for my iPhone 3g. It works great, although the cassette player will sometimes "reverse" direction. There is only a momentary interuption in the play. This may be more of an issue with the cassette deck (2003 Toyota 4 runner). As an added bonus, the adapter doubles as an adapter for my satellite receiver as well. Based on my experience, I could recommend this product.

Before I bought this product, I read all the reviews. I'll admit that I had some reservations about buying the adapter with all that had been written about it. I am writing because I am concerned that the Monster Cassette adapter may have gotten a bad rap. When I finally received my iPod, I attached it to the adapter and loaded the cassette. I had no difficulty with its operation and was especially impressed by the quality of sound. I did not have to remove any gears or monkey with the adapter in any way. It worked as advertised from the beginning even though my player has automatic reverse. I will add that I bought the iPod to listen to audiobooks so my requirements about sound quality are not as rigorous as they might be if I were listening to music. Still the sound I have been getting from the Monster adapter in my 15 year old cassette player is better than I got from either tape or CD, music or spoken word. There is no background noise. I would highly recommend the equipment for non-audiophiles and audiophiles who bought an iPod to play in an old vehicle to listen to books.

We tried to use the Monster iCarPlay Cassette Adapter in a 1996 Honda Accord which has an auto reversing cassette deck. The car's tape deck works fine with normal audio cassettes. However, this product does not work since the car's cassette deck keeps trying to reverse the "tape" believing it is at the end.



A previous reviewer had posted a "hack" in one of the reviews that claimed you could get it to work by opening up the Monster iCarPlay cassette and removing the auto reversing gear. We tried this and all other possible combinations of gear changes to no avail. The cassette is easy to open and appears to be well made.



Beware if you have an auto reversing cassette deck (like those on Honda Accords), this product most likely will not work for you.

Maybe it is just my unit but this one buzzes when driving and accelerating. It works fine when the engine is not on but once on and driving as the engine revs more the buzzing gets worse, so is this mine or all units?

I was a little skeptical at first but after hearing it hooked up to Bose stereo in my Murano. I'm very pleased. Nice alternative to a complete install of a Ipod hook up kit for several hundred dollars.

I've gone through about 4 different cassette adapters over the lifespan of my car. Each cassette adapter lasting about 2 years before the wiring goes bad and I have sound on only one side of the car.



I purchased this garbage hoping the connector design and brand name (I've owned over Monster products) would lead to a nice performing quality sound.



Let me say, this thing is COMPLETE JUNK.



1) I have played with all the adjustments on my mp3 player (EQ and volume level and my car's EQ) and the sound is ABSOLUTE CRAP. No warmth and bass whatsoever, just high tinny audio that sounds like it's coming from a cellphone speaker.

2) There's a buzzing/low hum which sounds like a grounding problem. This is with or without any device attached to the adapter. Playing audio can mask some of it, however you can still hear it.



Could I have a bad unit? Possibly, but this has left a bad taste in my mouth for overpriced Monster Garbage. - Adapter - Ipod Accessories - Ipod Cassette Adapter - Ipod'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information