Wednesday 16 February 2011

Desktop Switch - switch, networking


Bought one of these for under $15. I have a powerline Ethernet adapter connected to my router. On the other end of the second powerline adapter (which uses your house electrical wiring), I connected this switch. To the switch, I connected my DirecTV DVR and also an Ethernet to USB adapter to connect to my series 2 TiVo (which only has a USB connection). Everything works perfectly. No configuration needed (obviously, couldn't do it when connecting to non-computer devices). It just works. Both the DirectTV DVR and TiVo DVR work fine, simultaneously! D-Link DES-1105 5-Port 10/100 Desktop Switch

I Bought this at Fry's for under $20. and it works great I have my slingbox, Directv DVR and Xbox connected to it and all work great with no lag I have a cable modem (6MBPS D/L 512KBPS U/l )and a wireless router connected in font of it it is an excellent product

This is my third purchase of the D-Link "Green" series switches. My third purchase not due to defects, but because they are such great products.



These switches are EXTREMELY easy to set up, work as advertised, and save energy over other 'regular' switches to boot! It has auto sensing ports, so they are easy to link together and it 'just works'. My only complaint would be they get a tad warm... but what electronic device doesn't?



I would recommend this switch and this entire series to anyone.

I am very happy with this DLINK switch. I purchased it to extend my home network for an XBOX 360 and another needed port for my new DirecTV receiver.



Price was great!



The product worked out of the box. It was as easy as plugging in the power and the network cables... works like a charm.

Great for the price. I purchased this when I needed to add a connection for my blu-ray player. I have a wireless router in the office. I use an electrical ethernet connection to get the ethernet signal to my Family room where I needed to connect my DirecTV and the new Samsung Blu-Ray player. I hooked this up in the Family room and connected the two boxes to the switch. That was it. Nothing to set up or configure, it just worked. Both units have Internet access and work great. My only confusion was that it stated it was a five port switch. Well you need one port for the input signal that leaves you with 4 outputs. Fine for me but it was a little confusing at first.

Have had this product for a month now, and I have to say it does a pretty decent job.

Installation was straight forward just plug in the required devices power them up & that's it, no configurations needed.

My biggest problem thou; is while surfing the web on Vista with this device connect I would lose connection via web browser, (can still use skype, yahoo, msn), which is weird. I don't get this issue while using Windows XP, or linux.

All in all I would say that if you are looking for a low cost switch to connect like an xbox 360, PS3/2, etc, with a PC this is for you.

I had no problems installing and using this switch. I have a wired network in my home and needed to expand ports in my living room. I had used an earlier switch from D-link in my office upstairs and it worked fine so I decided to use D-link again. I would recommend this product for wired network users. Wireless may be quick and easy but wired is secure. - Networking - D-link - Switch - Network Switch'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information