Friday 18 February 2011

Reading In Bed - cookbook, gift idea


This is my second time buying Paperbax. It is an amazing product because you can use it as a hand held book holder which I like to use when lying in bed. I have bought other book holders before but they were only stands and quite bulky. With Paperbax I lie in bed and hold the side of the book but don't have to hold the pages open. Or I lie it flat and read on my side. But it also opens up into a stand which was great for reading when I am eating dinner. My girlfriend uses it for cookbooks. Pretty cool how it attached to the book at the end to mark my page. It is also small and weighs close to nothing. Pretty amazing product. It arrived in less than four days and it was a great service. Just ordered three more for Christmas presents. Thanks! Bookbax: Hand-held Book Holder. Portable Book Stand. Bookmark. Kindle & Tablet PC Holder

Paperbax were very popular among several friends of mine whom I gave these product as a gift. Paperbax presents a completely new solution to bookholders design. Practically all paperbacks have the same nagging problem: they are stubbornly closing on you while you are reading making you grip constantly closing pages. Paperbax drastically solves this problem allowing the book to be read in any position without fight with pages. In distinction with available on the markets bookstands it is lightweight and portable; I have it with me when travelling always. The product is charged very reasonable, its cosmetical appearance is impeccable. Strongly recommended to all who like to read.

I really wanted this to work for me and i even committed to giving it a worthy trial period, but, it is just a bad product. I am a college student and am always reading from paperbacks. I used this product for about 9 days. In the beginning it was rough. It was hard to get used to turning the pages and keeping the wings out and stuff, but i was determined to 'get the hang of it'. After 9 days, i got the hang of it, and even though i had muscle memory and good reflexes with the product, it still was really bad and impractical.



Number one thing that was really bad, is that the wings do not lock into place! The pieces of plastic that stick out to hold the device up will just fold in on you at random times. Especially if you pick up the entire thing. They really should have made a locking mechanism for that.



Number two is that it really isnt easy to turn pages, the device is a double spring system that works for both sides of the book holder and they correspond to the opposite sides. It might sound crazy, but it actually is crazy. Its not at all easy to use and i felt like a was doing some sort of martial art every time i changed pages.



And finally, it isnt strong. It doesnt hold books in place strong and firm but they are always coming out of the little clamps. Its a cheap little product.



Oh yeah, and i have no idea what they meant by a bookmark...its not a bookmark at all. And I have a kindle, and i have no idea how they claim that it is a kindle holder because it simply is not.



I sent my product back and am going to get the bookgem book holder on amazon. I would advise that you check that out, its only a couple bucks more than this. Dont waste your money here!

This is the best holder I've seen for propping up a kindle. It holds the kindle firmly at the edges, with or without the cover, and does not get in the way of any buttons. The legs fold up so it's easy to carry. Works on books, too, but it should be standard equipment with a kindle.

Although it's a little bit of work to get used to how it works, this little tool is quite handy. Very useful for avoiding strain on your hands and elbows and very nice for reading while eating. It's also very compact. To mirror another review, it's no good if the paperback is very thick, but very good for the average sized paperback.

Excellent, speedy service. The bookholder was as described, and it works great, even on fairly large hardbound books. I am very happy with this purchase and with the way it was handled. I highly recommend this seller.

The product was shipped from Bermuda to NY and took 2 1/2 weeks to arrive--way too long to wait for the purpose I needed it for. I had broken my arm & was in a full arm cast. As a university professor and occupational therapist, I searched the internet for a few key pieces of adaptive equipment to allow me to work & function that would not break the bank. The paperbax requires 2 hands to both insert the book and turn the pages, so it has been useless for the purpose I needed it for. I do intend to use it in the future to hold cookbooks. It's small size & foldability makes it easy to store when not in use or put in a backpack if a child could benefit from this device. It does require a flat surface however, so it doesn't really work well in bed, on the sofa. or on a pillow.

Paperbax: The Ultimate All in One Bookholder, Bookstand and Bookmark



This really is a very ingenious little product which proves invaluable in almost every situation. No more struggling with your paperbacks. Will prove to be one of the essential "must have" gadgets for 2008.

I absolutely adore this product and use it on an almost daily basis at the gym. It is so lightweight, so easy to use, works beautifully on most books. I've recommended it to all my fellow-reader friends and love it. If you're a reader, buy it, buy it, buy it!

Awesome product! I no longer have to press hard on the pages and to lose track of where my last page is. It can fit a 450-page paper back easily. Although it doesn't allow you to adjust the tilt, the angle is perfect for reading already.



I'm coming here to buy another one! - Gift Idea - Elderly - Cookbook - Reading In Bed'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Reading In Bed - cookbook, gift idea gift idea Reading In Bed - cookbook, gift idea