Friday 18 February 2011

Projection Alarm Clock - projection clock radio, clock radio


I've had this alarm clock for almost a month now and for the most part, am pleased with my purchase. The dual alarms are convenient; one time for M-F and another for weekends without having to manually change the setting every week. I know the time is always accurate - I can rest secure even if there's a power failure that I will get up on time. It's compact size doesn't take up too much room on the night stand. The red ceiling projection light is soft and non-disturbing, yet it does the job. The radio is just a convenient plus and use it to listen to weather forecasts.

My one complaint is that the display light for the front of the clock is too bright, even in its 'dim' setting. It lights up my entire night stand - like having a 'night-light' plugged in. It's a bother on sleepless nights. When you turn it away from you, the ceiling projection is sideways. On the bright side, (pun intended), I don't have to switch on a light if I make a bathroom trip in the middle of the night. This bothersome feature is why I gave it a 4-rating instead of a 5. Perhaps Magnasonic can work on improving this feature. Magnasonic MAG-MM176K AM/FM Projection Clock Radio with Dual Alarm, Auto Time Set/Restore, Temperature Display, and Battery Backup

This clock is pretty good over-all. The radio is a nice feature but the speakers just don't quite cut it. Too much over-all distortion in the sound quality. The clock works well, and seems to maintain good time. Easy too use buttons and nice alarm features like M-F one time set. Two seperate alarms and the Clock does project very well plus the ability to flip your projection display 180 degrees. The one feature that needs improvement is the display light on the unit itself. It is so bright even in the dim mode that it lights up the room. So if you prefer to sleep in the dark you might want to think about this one feature. On the bright side I purchased this clock from Amazon and all was handled very well. Easy to purchase and delivery was as notified.

I literally searched for months for a clock radio with certain features. I wanted all of these features in one unit: digital radio tuner, large number display, option to dim and/or turn off display light, two alarms, a time projection, easy to program, a small footprint, AND all that at a reasonable price. This little radio has all of that and then some. I love the weight of it...sturdy. It has a contemporary look and feel to it. All in all I am very pleased with this purchase.

I bought this clock because I've never had a projector clock before and I love blue... so since it lights up blue on the face I just had to get it. I know others have complained about the brightness even when on the dim setting. But don't let that discourage you. There is also a setting for the face to turn off completely and then if you hit the snooze button in the middle of the night to check the time the face comes on for about 15 or 20 seconds and goes back off. If you don't want to lean over, use the projector on the ceiling or wall. It controls the alarms to go on only m-f or m-t.. whatever you want. The temperature gauge is accurate and I find it handy. My only complaint would be that the projector color is red rather than blue lol

I got this clock radio in record time, so very pleased with the delivery. It looks great, it's adjustable in many ways. Brightness of the screen, the projection can be focused and directed to shine on the wall or ceiling or not at all. The radio is loud enough to wake the dead. It's easy to set the time and date as well as alarm settings.



My only disappointment is that the alarm volume itself is very low. It just beeps but not loud at all. I'm a very light sleeper and it has yet to wake me. I'm checking now to see if that is a malfunction with this particular item or if it's a design flaw.



Aside from that issue, I'm happy with the aesthetics of the clock.

I like this clock very much..nice blue display...required minimal setup. Unlike other reviewers, I like this clock's bright light since it saves me the night light. :)



Complain: The projection works fine, but the only complain I have (with projection clocks in general) is that the projected time appears tilted if the clock is turned towards the bed, and becomes harder to read while lying down. I wish it had a way to swivel the projection dial clockwise or anticlockwise by 20-30 degrees.



Hopefully Magnavox would fix this.

I've always loved electronis with blue lights, so I went with this one. The display is nice and large so on those early mornings when you can't bare to open your eyes more than a squint, this works perfect ;) The dual alarm is nice, not really useful to me though. The clock feels very durable and well built. Only complaints are, the red display that displays the time on the ceiling cannot be turned. Like, if the clock on your desk is pointed towards you, the time isn't straight on the ceiling, it's turned 90 degrees, I wish there was a way to turn that. Also, the desciption says that it has a "buzzer" option, however, it does not. You either have the option of beeps that start of slow and speed up slowly, or just the radio option. Overall, the clock is nice and worth the price. - Clock Radio - Dual Alarm Clock - Projection Clock Radio - Projection Clock'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information