Friday 18 February 2011

Garmin Mount - garmin mount, garmin


Bought this mount because there was really no convenient place in my '97 Mercury Grand Marquis for the window mount that wouldn't block my view of the road. The '97 Mercury Grand Marquis has cup holders next to the ash tray which pulls out just below the radio and heater/vent/AC controls. This mount works great because it puts the GPS in easy view and reach of the driver and mounts securely in the cup holder with its adjustable grippers. The shaft portion also conveniently detaches from the base allowing for easy storage when I'm not using my GPS. My only compliant is that if you choose to leave the base mounted to the cup holder at all times, as I have, you can't push the cup holder assembly back in to its storage position. Keep this in mind if you don't want to be driving around with your cup holder out all the time. Also I don't know that I would recommend removing the base on a regular basis either because the entire assembly including the adjustment screw that loosens and tightens the grippers is plastic. Don't worry though it looks sturdy enough that it will hold up to some abuse, I've had it for two months and it still seems to be holding up like new. I must also mention due to the length of the support shaft (almost 6") the GPS unit has a tendency to vibrate around a bit on rough roads, but not to the point that I have any concern of it falling out of the holder. Overall a great product if you're looking to get away from that window mount, or for states that have laws against the window mounts. ARKON GN033 Garmin Nuvi Cup Holder Mount with 17MM Ball Head

I like this product. I tried the beanbag approach and the whole thing slid all over my rounded dashboard. I was worried about buying this one because my car has those adjustable cup holders that don't hold anything particularly well. Still, I was able to adjust this holder (using the extra pads) to make it solid. It takes up a lot less room and it's a lot easier to see my Garmin in this position. Signal doesn't seem to be affected at all. Works well. I do wish they had made the adjustment wheel easier to work and more visible. That's the only bad feature.

I purchased this for my husband as a birthday gift. I actually investigated many different brand 'cup-mounts' for his Garmin GPS, but then I read poor reviews about how flimsy and frustrating many of them were... then I stumbled onto this Garmin Nuvi mount while doing a search on Amazon one day. I read a few of the positive comments on the product & was sold.

My husband simply 'popped ' it into his Tundra's cup holder the next day and it's been there ever since. It's stable, and secure with no wobbling or noise vibration even with the Tundra's partial (hook style) cup holders. I would highly recommend it to anyone with a Garmin GPS.

Arkon makes an excellent cup holder mount designed for Garmin nüvi GPS systems. (And no, I'm not employed by either company.) This GPS cup holder is rather well made and it helps greatly because there are laws in some states that prohibit the use of GPS suction cup mounts and/or dashboard mounts. Your GPS will still get the same satellite signals when placed in this cup holder mount; and that's great.



I barely have to take my eyes off the road to just glance down to see if, for example, I need to go to the left or to the right at a fork in the road and my GPS inexplicably doesn't tell me "in words" which side of the fork in the road to take. There are extra pads that help to hold this cup mount in its place in your particular car's cup holder; that adjustable base feature is excellent.



Although this GPS cup holder makes the GPS less visible to a potential thief, depending on where you're parking your car you might want to remove both the GPS and the cup mount and take them with you instead of leaving them in the car. If a would-be robber sees even just your GPS cup mount they might be tempted to break into your car hoping that you hid your GPS in the glove compartment or under a seat. Take both the GPS and this cup mount and keep them with you if at all possible; the less a potential criminal sees, the better.



Overall, this is the perfect alternative to the windshield suction cup or the dashboard mount for Garmin nüvi GPS systems; it lets the GPS work every bit as well and you won't have to take your eyes off the road for very long when you just want to glance down at it for any reason. It also makes the GPS less visible; and it gets around rarely heard of state laws regarding bans on using a windshield suction cup mount, a dashboard mount or maybe even both!



I highly recommend this product.

I occassionally use my Garmin to measure distance in TSD road rallys and needed some way to mount my GPS physically closer to my body so I could grab it and zero the mileage at speed change points. When I had it mounted on the dash (with a beanbag mount) it was awkward to reach and would often slide around the dash during violent cornering. My CR-V has a cupholder between the seats and with this mount I can easily reach it and quickly make the necessary changes. The cupholder mount fits snugly in the cupholder and I only had to use one of the self-stick spacers that are provided. As a bonus, the GPS does not obstruct any view out of the windshield and is less noticable when left in the locked car thereby reducing the chance of theft. - Mount - Garmin - Garmin Mount - Gps Mount'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information