Friday 18 February 2011

Brother - brother labeling tape, label maker


PT-2730, Works correctly - almost perfectly. Included software, not so much....



Previously I got a PT-2030 (see my other reviews, for more info), and I hated it - I returned it, and got the 2730...



After setting menu idems, the 2730 prints labels to the correct size, with much less waist. I don't need to cut the label to size using scissors, once printed (as I did with the 2030).

I can clearly see the 2730's display. As it has a back lit display (that the 2030 did not have).



Bottom line:

It works as I expect.



The included software, not so much:

Very buggy, just updated it ~2-14-2011. And maybe its worse now??? Brother PC Connectable Labeling System (PT2730)

I bought this labeller for my home business and it performs as expected. The only improvement they should have is a better keypad (sometime you have to press twice to get it right) and let you select the margin when it cuts the label. The default setting wasted a lot of label for no reason, and it won't keep the custom settings either. You have to do it every time. Other than that, a great labeller.

Read the specs closely. The PT2730 does not do the wider labels, but it is not easy to figure that out due to incomplete or hard-to-find information provided regarding the product. They seem to try to sell you labels that are too wide for the machine along with the machine. Also, read other reviews to avoid wasting a lot of label material each time you produce a label. I like the label maker and the labels it produces. I am getting more organized! It does what I want it to do, so it is five stars to me.

I took one star because the "ease of formatting" for formatted labels is truly terrible if you don't use one of their templates or stick with very basic labels. The good news is that they over lots of templates and you can download more if you want to. If I were using this without a computer or network connection, I know I'd take away at least one more star. The way I'm using this, it could be a little better (again - formatting ease and flexibility) but I see no reason not to recommend this highly. I must have looked at 30 different models before I got this one. If you're having doubts about this one versus another, trust that this is the way to go - no second thoughts or buyer's remorse here. - Labeler - Brother Labeling Tape - Label Maker - P-touch'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information