Friday 18 February 2011

17 Inch Laptop Sleeves - sleeve, laptop sleeve


I was worried about scuffs on the edges of my brand new 18.4" Sager X8120 so I wanted a sleeve for it.



It was with a wing and a prayer that I found this item as it is difficult to find bags let alone sleeves that fit this monster.



To my great surprise this sleeve, literally fits like a glove. Nice fit, secure not tight, and I'm very happy I won't have any zipper nicks on the edge of my computer.



Highly recommended for those with 18" screens. Case Logic ENS-17 17-Inch Neoprene Laptop Sleeve (Black)

After researching a number of options to protect my new XPS (M1330), I decided on a neoprene sleeve. The case logic proved to be a great fit. It allows me to carry my laptop via a number of ways (backpack, briefcase, or just the sleeve). I provides protection for everyday bumps and scrapes only (don't think it will survive a drop). But, for the price, it's a nice product.

This laptop sleeve is listed as a good match for the ASUS UL30A series computers. It is not. It is too deep for this laptop series. It is a good height and width for the computer but is too deep. Therefore, I do not recommend a purchaser or owner of this computer series to purchase this neoprene sleeve.

Nice, roomy. Fits my Gateway 17.3 inch laptop excellent. Not nearly as obvious as a full-fledge laptop case when I'm carrying it in crime heavy communities (I'm in Guatemala currently.) I can just slip my laptop in this case, drop it in a backpack or another unobtrusive carrying case, and voila!

This sleeve is exactly what I needed. It definitely can turn any case into a computer case. I use it either just by itself, in my bike panniers, or in a regular plain backpack. I like that I can carry my laptop in cases or packs that don't scream "Hey I've got a laptop in here". I would buy it again.

I own a incase neoprene laptop sleeve and you can notice the quality with the case logic. The price of this one is half of the other one.



So if you are looking for a cheap sleeve, this is just for you. You won't get any better for this price, if you are a picky one stay with a 35/40 bucks sleeve and I guess you won't be disappointed.

This product is a less expensive option than found in the apple store; however, it does not perfectly fit the new apple macbooks. The sleeve is approximately 1 inch longer than the new aluminum macbook, which causes it to slide around within the sleeve.



The incase product sold at the apple store and online fits the new macbooks perfectly

It's often difficult to guess if a particular sleeve will fit a particular notebook, so I'll report on my experience in the matter. After purchasing a Belkin 17" sleeve that reviews led me to believe should fit my laptop, an ASUS A73jh-A1 model, and finding that it was too small, I ordered this one. It's a tight fit but it fits. The material seems a bit thin and the zipper doesn't inspire expectations of longevity, so I only gave it 3 stars (with fingers crossed). I can't see myself porting this beast around much; so given expected light usage it may serve its purpose. - Sleeve - Neoprene Sleeve - Laptop Sleeve - Notebook Sleeve'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information