Friday 18 February 2011

Kayak Inflatable Sevylor - kayak inflatable sevylor, kayak


I purchased this as a straight recreational "fun boat"...what I received was a very stable, comfortable, and straight tracking kayak!!



Don't let the "inflatable" in the name scare you away...this is a truly awesome kayak, that I am proud to paddle!!



Folks in their "tupperware" kayaks are always asking me where I got this boat.



the only downside I have found is that when your are paddling hard, the inevitable paddle drip will eventually seep through the nylon top deck...nothing a little ScotchGuard, and the included spray skirt won't fix .



Do yourself a favor.....BUY IT!!! Sevylor Inflatable Pointer K1 Kayak

Good beginner kayak..



Works well in lakes and ponds... Not meant for anyone over 5'10 or 200 lbs...



A friend and I rode down the upper Allegheny river and kept bottoming out in shallow water. This kayak is essentially a raft. The part of the raft under your butt constantly hits the bottom in shallow water and bows in the middle.



The spray skirt it useless since the nylon top is NOT WATERPROOF... This is a summer kayak only and you will get wet. I would never take this boat in cold water..



The kayak does not propel through the water as quickly as a fiberglass o r plastic one does... You have to paddle twice as hard as others who are in non inflatable boats..



Also, I had the same problem as others when trying to get a wet boat back into the bag.



This kayak is much cheaper than the plastic and fiberglass ones in the stores... You pay for what you get...



For beginners and children this is a good kayak.. For adults and those who want to stay dry keep looking...

I bought this as a gift for my friend, who was thrilled. She absolutely loves it. She was using it smoothly right away without any practice, and she covers plenty of flat distance with little effort and no control trouble.



On the other hand, when she suggested I give it a try myself, I couldn't really get in and out -- she's small, I'm big (and not limber), and this is more a smaller person's boat.



She does get kinda wet riding this. She doesn't care -- never uses the spray skirt.

I bought this IK instead of a hardshell because it is easier to transport, I don't have to buy an extra roof rack, and I can take it on a plane if I want. I wanted an Advanced Frame, but I couldn't pass this one up because of the price (almost 50% less)! It's not perfect, but I think I got a very good deal for the money. I've taken this out on the lake already, but no rivers.



Pros:

- Looks good;

- Very stable and sturdy;

- Affordable;

- Comfortable seat;

- The cargo hatch in the back is a nice feature;

- Tracking and speed are ok;

- Stays pretty dry inside;

- Easy, quick set-up and inflation (about 5-10 minutes).



Cons:

- Leg & foot room is pretty tight;

- Storage bag is a little cumbersome (but it's a big boat!)

- A hardshell or pricier IK would probably track better & be quicker;

- Fishing from this boat would probably be awkward;

- Would like more storage space;

- Foot pump is not included (contrary to what Amazon listing indicates).



All in all, I'm very happy with my purchase...I'm even planning to buy another one so I can take a friend with me!

This kayak, while not perfect, is an excellent value. It's much better constructed than the cheap inflatables you often see, and tracks well while being very maneuverable and stable. I've been out on Lake Michigan with it and it was manageable in 3' waves, though I did take on some water when they came over the bow, despite the spray skirt. As for speed, I was able to maintain 3.5 mph with little-moderate effort in a fair amount of chop and was able to get up between 4-5 mph on calm water with moderate effort (GPS measured, little wind). Primary complaints: it takes over 24 hours to dry (be sure to flip it over to allow the material between the hull and flotation tubes to dry) and lacks an included pump (Amazon's description is, as of this writing, incorrect). Overall, I would recommend this as a great alternative for someone who can't store/transport a hardshell (I walk mine 1/2 mile to the lake, pump it up and head out...it's a blast!).

I got this kayak on sale at Academy for $199 and that was a super low price for this boat. I highly doubt one could find a better inflatable Kayak then this one, especially looking at the price. Like a hard shell but it is all inflatable. I have used it 8 times already... in the ocean, lakes, waterways, bayous, you name it. It tracks excellent and it will glide too especially in calmer waters. Its extremely stable, I had it in 3 foot white caps in large open water with 20-25mph head winds and had no problems at all. It cutts through the wind and waves without a lot of effort. It has a lot of storage space in the stern and on top the bow. A great quality boat that will take a lot to puncture. It is not as fast as my sisters hard shell Pelican Pursuit 100, but it is more stable and has more storage. In the end, it is fast enough and I am willing to bet it is one of the most versatile kayaks you can get for the money. I would take this boat anywhere in any kind of water, rough, calm, open, or inland whatever. It only has 3 chambers and inflates in about 4 min with a manual bellows foot pump I got for $5.00 also at Academy. It deflates in about 1 min, seriously. If you want an inflatable kayak, you can't go wrong with this one! I like to think quality is similar to the higher priced $500+ inflatable kayaks such as the Advanced Frame. A 5-star on this one so I had to let others know about it.

Based on the reviews I read, I had high expectations. But I was thoroughly disappointed by the quality of the kayak. 3 leaks in three outings!! All without any punctures from the outside. The quality of the inner tubes is very poor. All leaks were right at the seams, and very close together. I attributed the first one to overinflation. But that was definetely not the case for the next 2. And since they're all within a few inches of each other, I have to attribute the leaks to poor quality. The kayak is also not for people with average or above average size feet. They don't fit inside.

This kayak is too unreliable to use outside of a swimming pool! Not even deserving the one star I had to give it.



I also have an Advancedframe Kayak, which is wonderful, and absolutely trouble free. That I would give 5 stars! - Kayak Inflatable Sevylor - Kayak - Inflatable - K1'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Kayak Inflatable Sevylor - kayak inflatable sevylor, kayak k1 Kayak Inflatable Sevylor - kayak inflatable sevylor, kayak