Monday 25 July 2011

Overnight Bag - suitcase, travel


Bought two of these. Totally awesome idea. My sons hate carrying their backpacks with blankets, toys and snacks because they say they're too heavy, and I end up carrying them. This was the perfect solution, when I have to travel with three kids without my husband. But, their clasps are extremely flawed- they are difficult to move frequently and prone to pop off. Also, I had one pop off a wheel within the first 15 minutes home. The wheels are only secured by a plastic piece with spring pressure inside the hollow axle- no bolts etc and and can be pulled (or if it for some reason doesn't fit tightly), fall off. They are more like a toy than a suitcase. I would pay even more for them if they were as durable as an adults item. Melissa & Doug Trunki Ruby (Red)

I had high hopes for this because it's a great idea. I overlooked the bad reviews because I wanted to believe that Melissa & Doug couldn't make such a horrible product. When it came, the latch was off, and I followed the instructions to reattach it. It never stayed. I travelled with it once, and it kept coming open. It wouldn't roll correctly when my son or daughter sat on it, so I had to carry it myself. Awkward to carry down the plane aisle. What a hunk of manure!

Not only are these things cute, but they are functional. As soon as I bought these both my kids got on them to ride on. They love this thing.



We use it for a suitcase for the kids for light travel, mostly to the cottage, for the kids to pack their things. But was used for a trip (in the airport) and was worth every cent!!!

Bought this for my 3 1/2 year old daughter for our roundtrip to California from Illinois with layovers. She loved it! I gave it to her right before the trip and gave her the stickers to go with it, which let her personlize it even more. We put her clothes on the side with the elastic straps (enough for 5 days) and her toys on the other side. It fit perfectly under the plane seat. She was proud of her trunki and wanted to pull it herself. When she was tired she loved riding on it. It was smooth riding and went over small bumps easily. It sure saved a lot of struggles. We did have one issue with the plastic clasp sticking but we were able to easily fix it. Many people got a kick out of it and recognized it is a good idea - they wanted one in an adult size! I travel a greal deal and I have witnessed parents struggles with their small kids. For $30 it was well worth the money and the peace of mind - it puts the fun back into travel.

I bought this Trunki for my 3 year old daughter for her birthday - on the first trip, one of the wheels broke while she was sitting on it and I was pulling it over smooth floors. The wheel is not repairable and now the Trunki is basically useless.

The ladybug is adorable and my kids loved pulling each other around. However, the plastic clasps on the side keep popping off. We've taken it on several trips and unfortunately, during the last trip one popped off during unloading and we can't find it. We're going to buy a regular zip up kid's suitcase for my daughter and son for future travel. I would recommend friends against buying this suitcase, even though it's so cute.

It's a very durable product but the advertisement of the child riding on it is misleading. My daughter is almost 3 and while she is on the tall side it was VERY difficult for her to ride on this through the airport - which was our reason for purchasing it as we didn't want to haul a stroller along. The other problem I have with it is the opening and closing is cumbersome as only 1 side has a strap to hold contents in and the latches on the outside are not user friendly. It's cute- we got alot of compliments in the airport - but definately not the functionality I was hoping for.

one of the wheels came off when the shipment arrive.We had to tried to fix it in a couple of times before it finally got it back on. We are afraid that the wheels will come off easily when we really use it on the trip. My hubby can easily use his bare hands to open up a gap in between the luggage when its locked. Durability is a question. - Kids Luggage - Kids - Suitcase - Travel'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Overnight Bag - suitcase, travel kids luggage Overnight Bag - suitcase, travel