Monday 25 July 2011

Cell Phone Accessories - android, screen protector


I read with interest how great this product was ONCE YOU TRIED 3 TIMES. Anyway, I knew I was smart and even after being warned I'd be on my own as there were no instructions I'd get the skin installed on the first try. But, just in case I ordered 3 3-packs. It was so inexpensive, why not? (hint: read all the way through before you give up and try sonmething else)



My first puzzlement was the taped on "tabs". On one side the tab said "step one peel off this mask before application" and the one on the other side said to peel that one off after application. I thought it weird you had to peel off tabs taped on the skin. I thought maybe they were "handles". Anyway, after peeling off the first one, it left a sticky residue like you find peeling on price tags from Target. I put the skin on the phone and then peeled off the other one. I ended up soaking that one in WD-40 to clean all the sticky stuff off. It was a total mess, left air pockets and didn't stick. It slid right off the phone. So I tried another.



But this time in trying to get the first tab off, an entire layer of clear skin came off. OK, stop laughing. I'm telling you this so you don't repeat what I did. The clear skin was only a protective layer on each side of the real skin. Once you stick this new clean side down on the phone (I had no trouble like aother reviewer in lining it up) you can work the air bubbles out very slowly knowing the part 2 side was also a protective layer and smudges wouldn't matter. But, all this good stuff didn't take place till the third try.



Get this product. It works really well, but buy more than one 3-pack, as you'll probably need it. Hopefully, I've saved you at least one false start. Fosmon Transparent Clear Screen Protector for Motorola Droid X MB810 with Lint Cleaning Cloth, 3 Packs

Excellent product for the price. I was hesitant to buy it when I read the reviews, but I am very happy. The key to these screen protectors is to know how to apply them.



The protectors have 3 layers each. The first layer (with the red tab) faces down and covers the "sticky" side of the protector that touches the screen. I say sticky for lack of a better word. The middle layer is the actual protector itself. The last layer (with the blue tab) is the top layer that you can use to press out bubbles without messing up the protector.



Applying the protector is somewhat difficult if it is your first time. First, I turned off the phone as I pressed some buttons which turned the screen on. Second, I put on latex kitchen gloves and washed them off thoroughly. The screen protector will not stick to the latex, nor with the latex leave an oily fingerprint on the protector. Third, I wiped the screen down with a damp paper towel, then dried it off with another. Then I rubbed the screen with the included lint-free cloth (coffee filters work just as well). Make sure that there is NOTHING on the screen, otherwise there will be an air bubble there that you cannot get rid of.



Now comes the tricky part. Peel off the red tab layer about halfway and align the protector with the phone of the top of the Droid's screen. Make sure that it is aligned perfectly, otherwise, the protector won't seal completely. Then roll the lint-free cloth up and rub it down the protector vertically as you slowly remove the red tab layer. Once that is done, and there are no major air bubbles, press the small air bubbles out from under the protector. Then grab the blue tab layer and SLOWLY peel it off diagonally. Go slow, otherwise you will take off the protector.



That's all there is to applying the protector. I did notice that there was a little residue (just enough to cause there to be some friction when sliding my fingers across the screen) left from the second tab. I got rid of this by taking the damp paper towel and gently rubbing the top of the protector with it. Everything came off perfectly.



Hope this helped someone. Don't forget that 3 come in a pack, so you don't have to get it right on the first time. Enjoy!

My package came with 3 individually wrapped screen protectors. Each pack had the following:

Screen protector.

Small wiping cloth.

Smoothing plastic tool.

Suggest watching youtube videos on how to apply the screen protector because it does bubble if you do not clean and smooth properly. Directions in the packet is non-existent. I have no idea how to use the smoothing tool (I'm thinking it may even scratch the protector if you run it along trying to get bubbles out).

Even if it bubbles... screen is clear when screen is on. Overall would purchase again.

I bought a set of these despite some of the negative reviews. They were cheap enough that why not. The install is difficult, but not more then any other screen protector. To begin with, I am just about to order another set because I screwed up the install on all 3 of these. But, notice I am about to order another set. Now, I don't know if other reviewers didn't get the same product that I did, but there are 2 protective plastic covers to each screen protector. each had a tab that states when to remove. This is the same as most other screen protectors. So, you are not trying to peel of the sticker, which would leave residue, but the whole protective cover for the screen protector. So sticky residue...sounds like someone doesn't know what they are doing. Okay now for the install, and the problems. To start off, I am a perfectionist. The last one I installed is very, very good. There is just one small speck under it and so I want to replace it. Now that I have some fingerprints on the screen it is hard to even find. Okay, so the problem I ran into and I assume others as well, is that the lint free cloth is not actually lint free. This is not much of a problem for cleaning the screen, after cleaning you should use canned air and some tape to perfect the screen anyway. Where it becomes a problem is that it is packaged with the screen protector. So there are small pieces of lint all over the protective covers on the screen protector. If you don't clean them off first, when you peel off the first layer in order to install the protector, the static attracts that lint. Unfortunately I didn't realize this until try number 3 and it was too late at that point. So, follow all hints you have heard, clean area, gloves if available, canned air and ensure under light that the screen is clean and as an added step ensure the new protector is free of lint before removing protective covers. That will ensure a clean fit. Buy these protectors. They feel nice and fit the entire screen, but more importantly they are only a few dollars. You spend more then that on an energy drink. Stop worrying. The only other thing worth mentioning is that they are a hair long. literally, not much more then a hair. If installing from the top of the phone, they hang just a hair below the bottom of the screen. They don't actually touch the buttons so there is no issue there, but when first installing it takes a minute for the bottom to settle out and if you look close, very, very close, you can see that it overhangs. This is by a distance that I cannot even measure, maybe the length of 2 or 3 hairs thick. This is my first review ever and grammatically it is a mess but if I didn't write it now (with a few drinks in me) I never would. Previously I purchased the Masque brand, Between the 2 the Masque is better in that they fit perfect and don't have the lint issue, but for the price, after a proper install these look exactly the same and actually seem like colors look brighter and are more resistant to fingerprints. When it comes down to it I am reordering these instead of the others which I would also rate as a 5 star. In summary, these Do Not have that crappy feel of Zagg products. They feel like a glass screen. They are easy to see through, resist fingerprints, and fit very, very good. Ordering more right now. BTW fast shipping even around Christmas time. - Screen Protector - Screen Protectors - Android - Fosmon Technology'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


screen protector Cell Phone Accessories - android, screen protector