Monday 25 July 2011

Sony Walkman Mp3 - sony walkman, sony mp3 player


When searching for a new mp3 player the trail always leads me back to Sony. Its more about overall quality then brand loyalty. Over the years Sony's Walkman line has gone the distance and more. The all new Sony S Series Walkman adds to the legacy.



The S-540 8gb Walkman brings it on with a crisp, color enhanced 2.4" LCD screen that is easy on the eyes. At 2" x 4" x .4", it comes in a bit larger then its older cousin. A larger body undoubtedly is required to provide support for the external speaker system. The speakers won't get confused with my home system anytime soon but they do provide an excellent source. With headphones on, this mp3 player delivers a cornucopia of sound. Missing but not that noticeable is the noise reduction feature. The on board equalizer can be tweaked to one's own preferences or users can choose one of the six presets.



The Navigation pad located directly under the screen is a breeze to operate. Three controls are located on the right side of the unit. One locks in the controls. The second one allows for easy switching from speaker to headset. Volume is the third control. The standard headphone jack and a USB port can be found on the bottom of the unit. The detachable flip out stand is an okay feature that allows for easy standing on my desk or shelf top. I would have preferred that it was permanently mounted.



The S-540 supports mp3, mp4, AAC, AVC, WMV, WMA, and PCM. PCM is Sony's version of WAV. It pairs well with Napster. Rhapsody is a no go. Downloading my playlists from Windows Media Player was a breeze without the usual hiccups associated with older mp3 players. I downloaded a couple of photographs on this model. The display was outstanding. Unlike my older Walkman, this model doesn't offer the wallpaper photo display option.



The built in FM tuner picked up all ten of my stations. With auto scanner functionality, thirty preset slots are available. The FM radio is crystal clear when using the headset as an antenna. The alarm and timer features are a nice add on. This model also has an impressive on board microphone located on the bottom of the unit. There are three voice settings. Voice playback quality was excellent. Battery life has always been biggie with Sony. On a full charge, I got almost a full thirty five hours of music.



This Sony mp3 player comes packaged with a USB cable, flip stand, ear buds, installed operating manual, and the standard one year warranty. Body finishes for the 8GB model include; black, red, pink and violet. The 16GB unit comes in a black or red body.



Economically priced, this latest edition to the Walkman line is a durable and reliable product that simply delivers. Easy to use and loaded with features, the Sony S-540 is a prime time performer. Sony Walkman NWZS544PNK S Series 8 GB Video MP3 Player (Pink)

I got this for my 12 years old daughter. She loves it! She originally wanted iPod, but we compared the features and decided that this one was a lot better deal. She loves the speaker, and she also loves you can set the alarm. We didn't think she needs to take pictures or video with a MP3 player, so the new iPod with a camera/video feature was not a big deal for us. That's a personal preference, I guess.

The sound quality is not as great as the older noise cancellation model my husband has, but still pretty good. One not so cool thing is that the stand that comes with it is not stable, and the little built-in stand is not a built-in. It's a little piece you stick in the back of the player and I'm afraid it gets lost soon.

Still, overall this is a great product from Sony. I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for an iPod alternative.

This MP3 player by Sony is the best one I've ever had. It's so easy to download music, videos, and pictures on it, that a child could do it. You plug the player into your computer and it automatically downloads the software you need to get started. There's a box that pops up on your screen every time you plug it in to your PC, and you can either drag and drop files from Windows Explorer to the box on your screen, or you can use Windows Media player and drag and drop files then select the Sinc button to get them on your player.



The sound quality is amazing with headphones on or off. And I love the fact that I can play the songs without the headphones since there are external speakers. And the external speakers are pretty loud for such a little device. I do have some MP3's on my device that don't have as loud sound quality in their recording, as others, so you can't hear them as good as others, but it's still pretty loud. If you're in a noisy environment, I wouldn't recommend the external speakers.



The player is very easy to use too. The home screen has all your icons for everything the player does and you just use your arrow buttons and enter button to access them. What I really like too, is that I can set up the player to play entire folders, or just a single song, etc. I have the Bible downloaded on my player and I can select ALL BIBLE, and put my play mode in REPEAT, and it will loop through the whole Bible, over and over, or I can select ZONDERVAN and then select which Book of the Bible I want to listen too and then it repeats it if I'm in the REPEAT play mode. You can also fast forward while in a song or teaching. Also, all the info of what you're listening to shows up on the screen with an indicator of how far along you are.



The battery life is amazing. 42 hours for listening to music or teachings. And I'm also impressed with the appearance of this player. It feels like it weighs nothing. It's very sleek looking, and it looks like it's metal because of the nice shiny look. I read somewhere online that it was plastic, but it doesn't look or feel plastic to me. I have the red one and I love it. The video quality is great too - it's a very clear picture and you can view it vertically or horizontally. I highly recommend this player, if you want good quality, ease of use, and a great looking device. - Sony Mp3 Player - Sony Walkman - Mp3 - Sony Mp3'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


sony walkman Sony Walkman Mp3 - sony walkman, sony mp3 player