Monday 25 July 2011

Otterbox - htc inspire 4g, htc desire hd


I just bought a HTC Inspire 4G from AT&T and needed a case for it. Since there isn't an otterbox case for it yet, I looked around and since the dimensions are the same for the Desire HD, I tried this one. It fits perfectly. All the buttons and holes line up perfectly. A must buy to protect an Inspire or Desire. OTTERBOX HTC Desire HD Commuter Case

I just got the new HTC Inspire 4g and was looking for a case but not much is out there yet. Lucky for me I found out that the HTC Desire HD and Inspire 4g are identical phone desings and this case fits the phone perfectly! Great case for a great price at 22.99 on Amazon

This review is for the Otterbox Commuter Case for the HTC Inspire 4G. Although the product is marketed for the Desire HD, the Inspire 4G and the Desire HD are the SAME PHONE. If you buy this case for a phone other than those 2, then yes, it won't fit. If you buy a different case (defender case) for your Inspire 4G, then yes, it won't fit. Don't blame anyone but yourself if you buy the wrong case for the wrong phone.



The case is what it is. A great case for the Inspire 4G (or the Desire HD). All your ports are exposed as they should be, although the port for the charger/headphone jack is a bit flimsy. Other than that, the other cases I've tried for this phone (Speck, CaseMate) added too much bulk to the phone. The phone felt a lot better "nude." This phone is the next best thing to a "nude" phone. It doesn't have textured side-grips, but your grip is greatly improved versus a no-case phone. I feel a lot more comfortable throwing my phone around now that it's in an Otterbox.



Pros: Pretty much everything except for the 2 cons listed below. Great Fit. Great Feel. Great Look.



Cons: Bottom flap is a bit flimsy, but another review I read somewhere (maybe here) recommended to just snip off that portion with no reduction to your protection. 2nd con was that when I was looking for this case, it was out of stock virtually everywhere, including otterbox.com. I paid about $10 more than the MSRP, but it was worth protecting my $400+ device.

This case fits perfectly! It even includes a screen protector! I bought the HTC Inspire 4G and it looks great! Although, it does attract lint on the corners of the phone where the rubber liner is exposed, but that is in no way a deal breaker! I recommend this case.

This is a quality product and perfectly fits the HTC desire HD. I am very much satisfied with the product. The case fits well and has 2 layers of protection- one inner silicon layer and outer hard shell. all the corners are will protected. Also got a screen protector film for added safety. Definitely, the best case for HTC desire HD

Otterbox has a good reputation so I got one. This is my first Otterbox case. I've used Speck and Switcheasy cases in the past.



First thing I noticed is that the commuter case feels solid and looks great.

Second thing I noticed is that I felt obligated to keep my fingers near the rubbery parts so that the case wouldn't slip out of my hand. This can be awkward and some-what uncomfortable.



I really like how the ports are covered.

I really dislike the top button. I find that it's more difficult to press with the case on. I actually found the top button to be very easy to press when the phone is nude.



Screen Protector:

I had no problems getting it on without any bubbles. (ppl are just impatient, imo)

Though, mine had some indents on it... "Pre-indented" awesome! not.

Maybe I've just been spoiled with Speck & Switcheasy screen protectors, but otterbox screenies don't feel that great. They're clear! but they just don't feel as good as the other two brands. Also, only one? Both Switcheasy and Speck pack 2 with their cases.



I buy cases to protect from normal - large falls/bumps/w.e so size isn't something that turns me away. I don't feel like this case will be sufficient to protect from a fall. I recently talked to someone who had a cracked inspire screen and they said it fell from his wife's lap to a tile floor with commuter case on.



Would I buy this case again? probably not.. I'd buy the Seidio Active X -bettergrip(not sure if they come with screen protectors tho.. BIG MINUS if they don't), Seidio Innocase Rugged, or the otterbox defender. It's too bad that seidio cases are so ugly, tho. D: otterbox cases are really nice looking. I'll give them that.



I think this is a good case if you want minimal protection.

this case is very solid and practical, fits my DHD and the buttons are used easily. good product with high quality. one thing to add: this case will add some extra size to your DHD but i don't mind, its already a big phone :)

I received the wrong item though the barcode sticker on the package says "Otterbox commuter case DESIRE HD new". Probably not amazon's fault here...BE CAREFUL and CHECK the item before attempting to wrap this thing around your HTC Inspire. Instead of getting the Otterbox case for DESIRE HD I got the regular DESIRE S version. It's totally different. Only the case for HTC DESIRE HD will fit the HTC INSPIRE. So just check because HD is bigger and the design is completely different. Don't find out the hard way, just make sure it says HD. Or just don't buy this online. The only way to get a replacement from the supplier is by buying a new one while I wait for the refund from Amazon. Not cool...I can imagine this has happened more than once and it's frustrating to find out the hard way. I didn't know there's so 3 different models of Desire until now. - Otterbox - Htc Desire Hd - Htc Inspire 4g - Htc'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Otterbox - htc inspire 4g, htc desire hd htc Otterbox - htc inspire 4g, htc desire hd