Monday 25 July 2011

Power Tool Accessories - psi woodworking, remote start


I bought this product for use with my Delta 1 1/2 HP dust collector, and I can't recommend it highly enough. Installation is simple (just plug the receiver into the wall, then plug the dust collector into the outlet on the receiver), and a wall mounting bracket is provided. The Long Ranger is rated at 20 amps, but my dust collector draws somewhat more than that in starting up (I had an electrician check it when he installed a new circuit in my shop for it), and the Long Ranger has never complained.Though the instructions warn that certain types of motors (Shop Vacs were mentioned specifically) might cause interference, I've had no trouble -- the switch performs perfectly from anywhere in my shop, and it's a lot more convenient than running over to the dust collector every time I start up a power tool! PSI Woodworking LR110-3 110-Volt Long Ranger Dust Collector Switch

I am really happy with this purchase. Plug one end in to the wall and the collector into the box. It doesn't get any simpler. It is so convenient. My collector is on the other side of the shop. It seems like I always get the saw set up, the stock lined up and then I remember to turn on the collector. The remote has a metal clip that allows for hooking on your belt or apron string. A push of the pressure sensitive button and the collector is running. It's a beautiful thing.

After almost a week of continuous use, the LR110-3 with no problem powers the Harbor Frieght 2 hp DC (the LR110 is rated for 1.5 hp). There is no noticeable loss of power or start up speed to the DC. The relay unit appears ruggedly built, in a metal box, with a beefy 6' power cord and a fastening device to hang on the wall. The remote is in a plastic case. I did drop the remote almost immediately and it stopped working but it turns out the battery that came with the unit went bad, not the remote. It worked fine after replacing the battery. I did take the remote apart to inspect for damage. It has a small circuit card with components soldered on. Good workmanship and I would be hard pressed to see the remote electronics damaged if it were dropped. The remote has a metal clip to attach to belt.



The Long Ranger is a wonderful convenience to turn on/off the dust collection system I have installed in my 1 car size garage. I was using a device that detected power tool current to turn on the DC but that is too frequent on/off for such a large motor and also sometimes doesnt let the DC spin up to full speed before engaging the tool. The Long Ranger is an excellent choice to solve all these issues.



I

When I first started using my Delta 1 1/2hp dust collector, I would roll it over to my lathe, set it up, turn it on, then turn on the lathe. The collecter was loud, a pain to move and adjust and it got to the point that I did not want to go through the hassle of using it. Well, saw dust is extremely bad for you so I decided to install some duct work to motivate me to use it again. I installed 40' of 5 inch metal pipe and a seperator can to prefilter the saw dust and make it easier on my new filter bags. Now the problem was that I had to cross the room every time I needed to start the dust collector. I am not lazy, I just want to be able to focus on what I am working on.



The answer to my prayers!

I installed the Long Ranger Dust Collector to my DC system and life is now wonderful. When I am working with a tool, all I have to do is push a button and the DC starts or stops. You can every hang in in you pocket with the clip provided. I tested it at a range of 60 feet and it still worked. I also tested about 30 feet away with objects blocking the way and it still worked great. I read a few complaints about blowing breakers. I have not had that problem. Before, I would have to start each piece of equipment and let it get to speed before turning on the next one. Now I can have the DC on a different line so I do not max out my available power.

I purchased the 110 V version of the Long Ranger to run a Delta 1-1/2 HP dust collector in my new shop. It works wonderfully. I've used remote devices before in other shops and this one has superior range and it works absolutely every time - through walls, doors, and at distances of over 50'! I'm very satisfied and would highly recommend it for any shop.Jeff

Great product. Saves so much time not having to walk across the shop all the time to turn on the suction, especially for that single cut that I would generally just do without the dust collector. Shop stays that much cleaner and I don't have to interrupt my rhythm to turn on the suction. Just plug it in and you are set to go. That easy. I bought a couple of extra hand sets and just velcroed them to my various machines.



Great product, great value. Highly recommend.

I operate a small millwork and custom moulding business, and I bought one of these little beauties about 3 years ago. I have it hooked up to a Grizzly 2 bag 220v dust collector. This unit is fantastic, I was going to pipe switches throughout my shop near my machinery to turn on the dust collector but thought I would try this first. Much cheaper way to go and 3 years later it still works great! When I am working I keep the remote clipped on to my belt or in that useless little pocket on the right leg of carpenter pants. I highly recommend this product!

I bought this remote control for use with a dust collector. However, I also have a 30-inch fan that I use in my shop to circulate air. I moved the fan deep into the corner of the shop to get it out of the way and attached this remote control unit to the fan. Now I can have this big fan that I can control when it comes on by using this remote control switch. Works great. - Dust Collection - Dust Collector - Remote Start - Psi Woodworking'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Power Tool Accessories - psi woodworking, remote start dust collection Power Tool Accessories - psi woodworking, remote start