Monday 25 July 2011

Microphones - external, shotgun


I've used this a few times for short films, and it's worked great for me.



I love the ability to switch the barrels to go from Omni to Directional recording.



Sound quality is great, in a blind test I am unable to tell this mic apart from a Rode shotgun we also use.



The included shock mount, windscreen, and carrying case are okay, and they get the job done, but aren't awesome. I figure those things are just icing on the cake. AZDEN SGM-2X Professional Shotgun Microphone

So, I thought i wouldn't want to drop 200 bones on a microphone so initially i purchased a shotgun for around $60 and with a mixer it sounded pretty good. But with my films now getting some financial backing i purchased this mic and i have been blown away with it's quality! the sound build and value are way worth more than $200 and after viewing my film in a movie theater with surround sound, (Just the premiere, not a full blown box office)the dialogue passed quality test with flying colors... highly recommended! i just picked up a second!

I bought this as cheaper alternative to Senheiser and it was a good choice. so far no issues, works well and I didn't yet find any difference between this mic and my previous Senheiser. One thing - in the item description they didn't say it comes with shotgun windscreen, so I ordered one separately. Now I have two and have spent unnecessary US$ 30.

Great microphone, the fact that it can go from a super cardioid to a smaller microphone is really helpful. Sound quality is pretty good considering the price, most people think a sennheiser ME66 is what you should go for, but 600+ dollars and you need to buy the power adapter for phantom power...go with the Azden if you are starting out with sound or if it is within your budget. The only real issues I had was the shock mount fitting into a hot shoe on a DSLR, they should include one that can fit onto a boom pole as well. Another issue is batteries, there should be an option for phantom power as well. Otherwise fantastic product!

As an indie filmmaker, I needed a decent shotgun mic on a budget. I had tried others and was weary about doing another one, but this mic has been quite awesome so far. I can't wait to get it on set, but if it performs like the tests I did at home, I'm not even remotely worried. I plugged it into my Zoom digital recorder and all runs perfectly well. Happy I made this purchase.

The shipping was horrible, the big box was half-destroyed and the small actual one was noticeable crushed, I have pictures, but i don't know if I can add them and I don't feel like making a video, but the microphone survived well and I have enjoyed the use of it so far, thanks!

I am a hobbist, and a student. I needed a mic for my student projects. The Azden SGM-2X is everything I expected. The design is great, the price is great, and it produces some great audio levels. I recommend this mic for any pro or any hobbist like me looking to add some good audio in their videos.

Increadible. Puts a whole new quality factor on all of my work. I do think it was a little pricey, but ill make up that money in no time. If you are looking for a durable, quality shotgun microphone on a budget, this comes very close to a perfect purchase.

OK, this is strange. I don't hear in my right ear so I have difficulty hearing my passenger while driving. I experimented with 3 karaoke type microphones, 2 that were suppose to be conference microphones, and one voice recorder type. Nothing worked very well.



I decided to go all out, spend the big dollars, and bought this microphone through Amazon. This microphone has a tiny Vox guitar amp duct tape to its side, a tiny adjustable camera mount attached to its bottom, and the little camera mount is screwed to a block of wood that fits in one of the cup holders in the center of my car. A headphone for my good left ear is plugged into the guitar amp.



NOTE: the headphone is the type that sits perpendicular to the ear and therefore doesn't block other sounds I might need for safe driving.



NOTE: I removed the 1/4" amp male plug and solder on a 3.5 female mini socket and bought an adapter to go from the microphone to the mini socket.



It works. I may be an old nerd and I apologize if this review doesn't help if you want to listen to bats from 50 meters away but I can tell you that this microphone does what other microphones claim but don't do. - Shotgun - External - Azden - Windscreen'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Microphones - external, shotgun azden Microphones - external, shotgun