Wednesday 1 June 2011

Transformer - travel converter, europe


I bought this converter to take with me to Italy while studying abroad. I used it while I was in Rome and it worked well. After doing a bit of research I leaned that converters shouldn't be left plugged in, especially while charging certain items, so I never left it plugged in for more than an hour or two at a time. It heats up quite a bit, so I would suggest not leaving it plugged in to long, especially when it's really hot. I used this converter to charge my laptop, cell phone, and camera battery. I didn't have any issues with it, so overall I'd say it worked great. The watts were good since I wasn't using it for a blow dryer, straightener, or curling iron. I was too nervous to attempt to bring those items along with me to use with foreign currency. The only reason I rated this product a little low is because it weighed a lot and every ounce matters when you have a 50lb weight limit for luggage. 220V Travel Converter 200 Watts Deluxe Step Down Voltage Converter Adapter for Laptops and Light Portable Electronics.

This did the job for on our trip to France but it is SOOOOO heavy and not at all compact.

The cord is long enough to make it easy to plug into an outlet and not be tied to the wall.

We used it for our Medela Symphony Breast pump which is a very expensive rental.

I used this device on a recent trip to Europe. I tried it with my laptop (which doesn't need the conversion since it's power adapter can handle 120V and 220V) and charged my camera with it. It worked great. The only issue was that it does get a bit hot. - Voltage Converter - Europe - Travel Converter - Converter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information