Wednesday 1 June 2011

Home Theater Wall Mount - home theater component shelf, home theater wall mount


The shelf is sturdy and works just as expected. But without having a glass on top, it is difficult to get certain items to fit. Ex. I tried to set my Directv receiver on it (non DVR). It is too small and wont fit well. Then I put my old DVD player on it and the legs on the buttom of the DVD player interfer with the legs of the shelf. I can push it back, but it doesn't sit even. My new DVD player which is compact and small doesn't really fit either and just doesn't look right. Perfect for LARGE AV components.



The shelf would work well for LARGE items, but for compact items it isn't centered, or is just plain hard to fit.



No exactly what you plan to put on it.

But it was easy to install and it is very sturdy. Can easily hold heavy or stacking items.



It would be perfect if:

1. It had a glass/ plastic shelf to set on the mount.

2. It didn't stick out as much. Sanus Systems VMAVB Component Shelf Wall Mount (Black)

I was looking at A/V component shelving options, but for anyone who has owned glass in their home, they know it's a ROYAL P.I.T.A. to keep clean. Most of what is available is glass, and I just didn't want to deal with that BS again. So I got these instead to mount ABOVE my new 50" Samsung plasma and hold my digital set top box from Comcast, my home theater receiver, and my VHS/DVD-rw combo unit in my bedroom.



I would post a pic, but I'm too lazy.

All I can say is, they are built very well, and they have been installed for over a month already and I'm VERY pleased with the simplicity they offer of just keeping the devices up high and off the ground and out of the way.

I was a little worried about this being substantial enough to support a fairly heavy cable box/DVR and a heavy Audio receiver but it is strong enough that I'm very comfortable all my equipment is safe. They installed very easily and the lag bolts were plenty strong enough once I located the studs in the wall using a stud finder. The allen screws that are used to secure the arms to the wall mount are pretty cheap and I did strip one of them with the supplies allen wrench but it's nothing I can't match and replace with a trip to the hardware store.



A great value when compared to other solutions. I have mine mounted in a vertical line one on top of the other and after removing the little knock out plastic parts on the top and bottom, was able to feed the electric cords down the wall to the surge protector and the HDMI up the wall to the TV and hide all the cords. Just be sure to mount the top unit so that the top of the wall mount is behind the bottom of the tv and you won't be able to see any cords going up.



I likely will be buying again for other rooms or as a solution when my parents finally go flat screen when their rear projection TV quits. One last concern/thought is if you have a DVD or blueray that has a front cover that drops down before the disktray slides out when you load or eject, you will have to position the player on the edge or the arms as there is not enough clearance for the cover to drop without hitting the support arms. Mine is still very secure there.

This component shelf was extremely easy to mount and works great. It is good looking and is the perfect solution for a couple of components mounted out of the way. I'd prefer to have the arm swivel so components could be angled in or out, but the price would probably be prohibitive.

We put a wall-mounted LCD TV in our living room, and I wanted to keep the cable box & other components neatly displayed. This shelf is modern & attractive, and was easy to install--perfect for my needs.

I'm pretty picky and I don't usually give 5 stars. This product is pretty good. It does not include a class shelf to set AV component on. However, I think a class shelf is unnecessary as it restricts air flow anyway and is just anther thing to clean. This thing is sturdy and easy to mount. The only thing keeping it from getting a "5" is the fit and finish. Screw holes were a little off center for securing the shelf to the wall bracket. I would also like this to be modular and allow multiple shelves to be linked together and allow cables to pass through. Also the price is a bit high considering the simple design and very litte materials invlolved in production. - Audio-video Shelving - Home Theater Wall Mount - Home Theater Component Shelf - Audio Visual Wall Mount'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information