Wednesday 1 June 2011

Blackberry Bold Case - protector, case


This case does exactly what I expected it to do. I have dropped my Bold several times on hard surfaces...not a scratch or dent anywhere. I like the freedom of placing the phone in my pocket...a holster is useless for me since I work outdoors (landscape designer) and the holster was getting hung on everything. OtterBox Impact Case for BlackBerry Bold 9000 (Black)

Had a chance to meet the OtterBox people at CES but even before that I felt their case was the best one I had tried on for my Bold.



I had acquired 3 or 4 at once knowing that I would be able to give those I would not use away to friends getting Bold phones as well.



Well it turns out I ended up giving away the case I liked the most first: this OtterBox impact case. The CEO of one of the largest Telco companies in South America now sports my OtterBox impact case on his Blackberry. Should be a pretty good testimony for the product.



It's lightweight yet provides a good level of protection and great grip.

I bought this case for my wife's new BlackBerry Bold. She loves the fit & feel of the case. It actually makes the phone easier to use, and affords good protection for the phone. She doesn't need the full "armor" of the OtterBox Defender, that I use for my iPhone. The OtterBox folks know their stuff when it comes to cases, you just can't go wrong.

Based on the reviews on this case and other cases for the Bold, I decided to buy the Otterbox Case.



Pros: Pretty good case, seems to have adequate protection for corners/back/top/bottom. The rubbery texture (a premium silicon if you will) provides a fantastic grip. Inexpensive



Cons: The case is ~1 mm thick at the top, and that is enough to make the LED Indicator hard to see when the device is laying on a table in front of you. The sides of the case are rather flimsy.



Other thoughts: The rubbery case does make the device a little more difficult to slide in and out of your pocket. The case does ship with a screen protector. I would prefer to not have the Ottobox logo on the back, but I suppose I can live with it. The LED Indicator hole doesn't line up exactly with the LED, I'm not sure if that is something that will stretch out a little over time. I DID NOT have the issue with the device being constantly dim because of the case. According to friends, sound quality has not changed by the use of the case.



I would recommend this case if you're looking for something inexpensive and protective. If you have the funds to spend and are looking for more protection, I would look for a hard case.

dependable product. except it is hard to slide in and out of the pocket. and the bottom lip of the case that comes over the front of the phone has started to rip due to use and sliding in and out of my pocket. other than that, it has saved my phone from plenty of falls

I was surprised to find out that OB made cases for blackberries.



I'd seen them like hotcakes for iphones and decided to get one for the blackberry i have since i was tired of the hard cases going every which way if the phone was accidentally dropped.



I've noticed since i got the OB cover i've dropped it less from it slipping out of my hand. Plus unlike the hard cases which can be a pain to take on and off its very easy to work.



Easy to wipe off if anything gets on it.



Great investment for your mobile phone.

Easy to slip on and off. Once the screen protecting cover is in place, you can't even tell it's there! Case buttons line up with phone buttons. The phone LED light is visable with case on. The price is right!

Super durable but a little bulkier than I prefer and bulkier than my husband's Otter impact case for his Iphone.

Great for protecting the phone when active, at the pool, or anytime you may be harder on the phone than putting it in your bag!

Otterbox has an excellent reputation for some really great phone cases, and having that knowledge, I decided to get one for my Bold. Not a bad choice, and so far the best rubber/silicon cover that I've come across.



The case feels great when on the phone, doesn't add any girth or awkward feeling to the phone overall. The texture is also great, and it feels very durable. It's easy enough to install, as well. The only complaint that I have is that the case feels slightly small, like it's stretched a bit too much over the phone; the top doesn't quite fit over the sensor light or the speaker, and the sides don't fit snugly, leaving a metal gap, and letting the rubber button covers slide away from the buttons beneath, meaning that they occasionally miss the volume rocker or side keys when pressed.



Overall, though, it's a great case. I would recommend it highly. - Case - Protector - Blackberry Bold - Blackberry Bold Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Blackberry Bold Case - protector, case case Blackberry Bold Case - protector, case