Wednesday 1 June 2011

Battery Charger


Since most cordless tools come with their own single port chargers, buying another charger isn't really necessary. I have accumulated 6 single port chargers from my DeWalt tools, so for me getting a dual port was less about charging capacity and more about using less electical outlets. I don't like daisy-chaining surge protectors so having one charger in my workshop that can keep up with my battery use was worth the price. Having this charger and the batteries I already have also means I can buy tools that don't come with batteries and probably save a few dollars in the long run.



Also, at the time of my purchase, the dual port charger with 1 battery combo pack was a few dollars cheaper than getting the charger alone, and Amazon was cheaper than Home Depot or Lowe's. DEWALT DC9320BP 7.2-to-18-Volt NiCd/NiMH/Li-Ion 1 Hour Dual Port Charger, XRP 18 Volt Battery Combo Pack

This charger is probably twice as fast as the standard Dewalt NiCd charger and it can charge the LiIon batteries as well so if you decide to change to the Lithium batteries you won't need to buy another charger. It comes with a NiCd battery though. Lithium would have been nice.

Great value my old charger went out. A replacement was 70 dollars at a big box store and that was only a one up charger with this you get the dual charger and an extra battery. Heck the battery alone is the price you will pay. Shipping was fast also.

I'v e had this for a month, and charged the batteries a few times. Everything seems to be as it should. My only grip e would be that it feels light, making me question it's durability. But So far, so good!

Needed a new charger, as I brought my 220v device from The Netherlands to the 110v USA, as I love the tools.

Having the option to charge two batteries at the time, and now having an additional spare is great! Specially for the price of about 100 dollars it was offered.

Really like this charger and would have given it 5 stars except for the fact that it arcs when plugging into the wall outlet. Arc is greater with batteries already installed. Called DeWalt today and was told this arcing is normal, in fact the support person was able to create the arcing at his desk while I was on the phone. There is no switch on the charger. Doesn't give one a warm and fuzzy feeling. Have tried on several outlets, two prong, three prong, with and without surge protection, results always the same. There are small arc scars on the ends of prongs of the charger cord.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Battery Charger Battery Charger Battery Charger