Wednesday 1 June 2011

Phone Battery - palm, battery


Own: Palm Pre (Sprint)

Wanted to supplement 1 year+ original battery

Just wanted to vouch for the seller for other Pre owners because of the good price.

Shipping was fast. Got this 1st out of a batch of other product orders well before the shipping window closed.

Waited a couple of weeks to write this review to make sure there was no problem with the battery.

I have Pre not a Pre Plus so only take what I write for the battery on that basis if worried about it making a difference.

The battery arrived in just a plastic bubble wrap sleeve in the shipping envelope. No problems, no scratches or dings. This was what the seller described so no surprises.

Since this was described as OEM, right away I checked it against my original battery for any differences whether in lettering, specs, anything & couldn't find any difference. They were identical to my eye. In fact, when I got around to using it I had to black out the Palm logo with a permanent marker just to tell them apart.

I don't have a separate charger so I just put it in the phone. It fit well, nothing loose & charged normally.

I have homebrewed my Pre so I was looking for 2 things from the battery for the 1st couple of weeks to see if it was working the same as the 1 that came with the phone:

I have the Pre overclocked with "Govanah" to 1Ghz & would see if the battery handled the heat & "stress" of overclocking. It has.

I wanted to see if the charge would hold. It has. I have recharged it both at partial & from as low as 10% & it has come back with plenty of charge compatible with the original perhaps a little longer. Or at least being new it lasts a little longer. Have recharged at least 20x's by now without problem.

Now I can swap out the battery in my Pre when I run low on charge rather than have to worry about charging it all the time. It's made using the Pre a little more relaxing (aside from the long boot times after the swap).

This price from this seller is cheaper than anywhere else I've found including PreCentral. If you want an extra or replacement battery then I don't think you can go wrong here. If there's no news of a new WebOS phone coming out for Sprint after Feb ('11), I may order another 1 from here if they are still selling. Palm Standard Battery for Palm Pixi and Palm Pre

Since the Pre can really be energy hungry, I decided it would be a good idea to buy an extra battery. Works perfectly with the phone. I recommend this battery for any who think they can benefit from one.

The previous seller, sold a battery that was silver in color. This battery is the Palm Centro battery, NOT the Palm Pre battery and can potentially damage your Pre. It can also potentially void your warranty as the 2 batteries have different power management circuitry and the Centro battery can cause your Pre to overheat or prematurely malfunction.

Bought and extra battery for my Palm Pre PLUS because I heard it eats up batteries. It does. If you use it much more than just phone calls, you'll be lucky to make it through a work day, never mind the whole day. So get an extra battery if you think you can keep track of it. Had this for a week and then lost the tiny thing.



Personally, I'm going to just buy a few more touchstones to have one at work, in the car, and at home so that I only have to carry the phone around and not keep track of one charging device or an extra battery.

My original Palm Pre battery was lasting me only 12 hours on very light usage, well this battery did no better! At least my original battery lasted at least 24 hours the first week. This one dies on light usage after about 14 hours after the first and subsequent charges. The battery was shipped in a plain white envelope and was not protected at all. It did not appear damaged, but the poor charge life leads me to believe it could possibly be used. Disappointed I didn't spend the extra money to buy an after-market battery that would last me 36 hours!

This battery works exactly like the one that came in the phone. The battery life of the Palm Pre is terrible. The replacement battery is as good as the original, which is not good, but having a second battery helps. It is a little difficult to get the back off the phone to swap the batteries.

I was a little suspicious of a new battery for my phone that only cost $3.48 with free shipping, but the description said new and OEM so I figured I couldn't go wrong. Well, when the battery got here and I opened the package the first thing I noticed was that the contacts were not a uniform shine on the finish, it had warn spots in the middle, presumably where it had been in contact with the battery contacts of a phone. I brushed this off, and connected the battery. I have an application for my phone that rates battery healthy, 100% for a new battery and (for example) 50% for my old Pre battery and 95% for my less strenuously used Centro battery. This "new" battery should have scored 100% or 99% worst case scenario but it showed 97%. So this "new" battery is only 2% healthier than the Centro battery I had for two years? I don't think so, I don't think this battery was new at all, and were it not for the costs I would incur to ship it back myself for the return I probably would have tried to return it.

I was a bit leery about ordering the battery due to the price, but was pleasantly surprised when it arrived and was exactly as described. I ran the battery through 5 complete discharge/recharge cycles, per Palm's recommended guidelines, and then I ran the calibration test on the "Dr. Battery" homebrew app. I got back a 100% rating, which means the battery was brand new. I half expected to get an A Stock battery (i.e. a battery from someone who returned their phone within 30 days) or get a Centro battery. I got neither, I got a brand new battery. In fact, I ordered a second battery and ensured I ordered from "The OEM Shop", since that is who I got my original battery from. - Phone Battery - Battery - Palm - Pre'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Phone Battery - palm, battery palm Phone Battery - palm, battery