Sunday 12 June 2011

Shipping - shipping, weighing scale


This thing works well for stuff you have to mail.



Tucked away on a shelf in our little apartment, always ready to do it's thing.



Which is: accurately weigh packages and large envelopes so as not to overpay for shipping things out.



The "tare weight" function is nice.

1. Stick a bowl or other empty container on the scale.

2. Set the scale to zero.

3. Put stuff in the container to weigh only the stuff inside.



Its almost magic.



Comes with a little wall wart (AC adapter). Have not yet used the adapter because the batteries have lasted over 6 months.



Well worth the 20-something-dollar contribution to the U.S.-China trade deficit. Weighmax 35LBS Digital Postal Scales Shipping Scale (Colors May Vary)

This scale perfectly fits my needs. It takes up very little space on a side table, and has held up great weighing the 5-10 packages I mail per week. I have found it to be perfectly accurate and would recommend it to someone else planning on using a scale with the same frequency as me!

Out of the box, this scale worked just fine. I plugged it in and tested it with batteries as well as with the AC Adapter.



A couple weeks later, I pulled it out to weigh some boxes and there was nothing. No power even with the AC adapter and nothing would register with refreshed batteries either. It literally had sat on a counter for several weeks without anyone touching it, so no damage could have occurred.



I was given an address to return the scale to - the manufacturer of this product and not the person that sold it to me. Unfortunately, the package was returned to me as an address unknown. I had to purchase another scale in the meantime as my website is going live very soon.



I did ask the seller for a refund, but since the scale is under warranty, he indicated I needed to send it to the manufacturer. I've asked for a refund, after paying an additional $11.75, to send the scale to the manufacturer only to be returned to sender.



Needless to say, I'm still waiting on resolution and am not pleased. I wouldn't buy this scale with all the hassles of warranty with manufacturer versus seller. And by the time I send it back to the seller, if he agrees to take it back, I'll have spent just as much on postage as the scale was worth to begin with!



I did buy the Ultraship 55 Lb Electronic Digital Shipping Postal Kitchen Scale from here at a bit more cost, but it arrived within two days, has some extra features the original scale does not and works like a charm. The new scale did not come with AC adapter however, that's extra and was included with the Weighmax. - Postal - Weighing Scale - Postage Scale - Shipping'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Shipping - shipping, weighing scale postal Shipping - shipping, weighing scale