Sunday 12 June 2011

Notebook Cooler - notebook cooler, laptop accessories


The Xpad slim is definitely a better design than the original Xpad; it's wider, thinner, doesn't have a fabric on the bottom that becomes frayed after several months of use, doesn't have that annoying "lip" on the bottom between the plastic and the fabric that hurts your legs (because there's no fabric on the slim), and has vents on each section of the X.



There are two noteable drawbacks, though. The first is that the Lapinator Plus (with the Mousetizer addon if you want to use a real mouse with it) is frankly a better product than the Xpad for home use. It's more comfortable and has space for a mouse (with the Mousetizer). That's not to say that the Xpad isn't worth using, however. The Xpad is small enough and sturdy enough that it's perfect to put in a backpack when you're bringing your laptop somewhere else, whereas the Lapinator is less portable but more comfortable and has space for a mouse, and so is better suited to use at home where it won't be transported somewhere else very often. As such, they're both great products, they're just suited for different purposes.



The other drawback I've noticed is that right out of the box, the Xpad Slim absolutely REEKS of rubber. When I open my backpack with the Xpad in it, the smell immediately hits me, hard. I didn't notice this problem at all with the previous version of the Xpad. I'm hoping that'll go away after a month or so.



UPDATE: after letting the Xpad sit out in my room for several days, the intense rubber smell did in fact go away. Xpad Slim (Non-slip Laptop Cooler and Heatshield)

Chill pads are proven to extend the life of your laptop and reduce the number of repairs needed, not to mention they reduce the heat you are exposed to when you just don't have a stable surface to put your laptop on other than your lap.

I have gone through many chill pads from many different manufacturers and this is one of the thinnest products I have ever had. I bought this product after looking at reviews of many different cooling pads on cnet. It scored better than many of the chill pads that require power sources and ultimately drain your battery life faster when you aren't next to a power source. The power cord is usually what fails first on all my other chill pads, so I was excited to get rid of this and go with a pad that doesn't use a power source and require a power cord. I have found that this product excels at cooling my 15" PC laptop better than many of the chill pads I have used in the past and is more portable thanks to the fact it is lightweight in comparison to similar products, the lack of a needed power cord as well as the overall thinness of the Xpad. However unlike my PC laptop, my 13" Apple Macbook Pro doesn't have cooling fans on the bottom of it and the Xpad just doesn't work as effectively as a cooling pad that uses a forced-air fan to draw air out from underneath the laptop and cool it. However there is some cooling and this product's portability in comparison to many of the other products out there make it my go-to pad when I am out and about and know that I will not be able to connect to a power source for a certain period of time. I highly recommend it when traveling, but would advise another pad be used as your primary pad if you are seeking the ultimate cooling for an Apple or even a larger PC laptop.

I have a 17" laptop, and after much investigation bought the original Xpad almost a year ago. It was just slightly smaller than what I needed but I could fit it between the feet of my laptop and it worked beautifully.



Now I just received the new Xpad Slim, which is slightly larger and which accommodates my 17" laptop. The genius of the original design has carried over to the new version - it permits the laptop to cool itself efficiently as it was designed to do, without blocking critical airflow or interfering with the circulation of the fans.



Buy one. Buy several. Give them to your friends. It is hands-down the best money you'll ever spend on an outboard accessory for your laptop.

Xpad Slim (Non-slip Laptop Cooler and Heatshield)



I have a mac. Macs are hot computers...in more than one way. After an hour of work on my lap, I felt like an iron was on my thighs. I tried several different products to cool the computer, but didn't find the right one until the Xpad. I don't even think about the heat anymore. It's very comfortable, feels secure, and is light. Not to mention effective. I'm happy to recommend it.

There is a difference between laptops and notebook computers. Mainly that notebooks tend to be larger, heavier, more powerful, and have a cooling fan port underneath that has too little airflow space under the cumputer to allow the built in cooling system to do its job properly. This is especially true when you try to lay in bed while web surfing, and the cooling vent gets plugged up altogether by blankets! VERY BAD for your notebook computer! I use this on my 17" gaming unit, and it provides extra space underneath for good airflow. It keeps my computer 10 to 15 degrees celcius cooler under hard use. It well protects my lap from the heat of the notebook, and allows me to use my computer anywhere (in bed, on my lap while traveling, etc.). Forget about cooling units with built in fans, as they'll burn out your USB header. this one works great for a great price, and is simple (can you say K.I.S.S. rule?). - Notebook Cooler - Laptop Accessories - Laptop Cooling Pad - Cooling'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information