Sunday 12 June 2011

Card Reader - sandisk, memory card reader


I recently purchased a couple of 8GB SDHC memory cards for my Canon Powershot digital camera. I record both still photos and high quality video on these cards. The Sandisk MicroMate card reader is the perfect means for moving my photo and video files from the camera to the computer for storage and/or editing. Using this tiny unit with the memory card is SO much better than tracking down the camera/computer interface cable and hooking them up for the transfer. This card reader eliminates needing to power up the camera (and running down the batteries) to make the file transfers and you can take as long as you want viewing the photos and video on the card before deciding which ones to move to the hard drive without affecting the camera batteries.



The second great thing about this product was it was actually cheaper than the shipping costs!! Can't beat that. Sandisk MicroMate for SD - Card reader ( SD, SDHC ) - Hi-Speed USB

This is an exceptional value- works great right out of the package (which is important because you don't get any instruction sheet). I bought it because my previous reader wouldn't handle the 2GB cards I bought (or SDHC cards, though I don't have any devices that accept these yet).



Downside: it doesn't plug directly into the frontside USB ports because my Dell didn't leave enough flat space below the ports. A thoughtful redesign might have solved this. It does fit in the ports that come with the flat screen monitor I have but green "activity light" then faces the wrong way (tells you when the card is being accessed and you shouldn't remove the card). Also it would be nice to have an indicator showing which way to insert the card.



Still, for this price it is a bargain.

title says it all. I guess its a bit wide at the base and if you needed to plug it in a USB port next to other ports it could get in the way. Its very thin, which is nice, but in a USB hub or something the width would be in the way...



I'm just nit-picking though. It works just fine...

I bought my wife a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ4K camera with a 8 GB SDHC card so she could take videos without worrying about running out of storage space. The problem with the DMC-TZ4K is that when transferring files with the camera you are limited to USB 1.0 speed.



The Sandisk Micromate SDHC memory card reader is great and now it only takes a few minutes to transfer gigs of pictures and videos instead of an hour.

This is a fast card reader. It's definitely USB2 and improved the speed to download images from my camera greatly. Well worth the 10$ if you have more than 1gb of flash space that you use often! Also allows you to use SD cards as a flash drive if you want to.

This memory card reader is small and compact. The only thing I didn't like about it is the cap that goes over the usb plug. It would be nice if the plug just went and in and out instead of allowing me to possibly lose the cap. Other than that the product is very good.

sandisk micromate SD card reader is a great way to transfer files from your camera to your computer. remove card from camera insert in to sandisk micromate SD card reader then plug it in to your USB port and your files are transfered in no time!



compact : about the size of a matchbook! great price too! I paid $13.17

A simple device; works just like you would expect. Build quality is very solid and qualitative, as is common with SanDisk products; even the tactile nature of the plastic used on this seems really nice to me. The cap that covers the USB connection will snap onto the back as well, and there is a small green light that comes on when a card is inserted. Get this if you have SDHC cards, as they will benefit from the faster transfer speeds this is capable of.

I recently bought a Transcend 4GB SDHC card for my digital camera. My HP PhotoSmart C3180 All-in-One has a built in memory card reader, but it does not support SDHC memory cards, hence the reason for purchasing this. I find it much easier to access my pictures by taking the memory card out of the camera and inserting it into my computer versus hooking the camera up via a cable to the computer. I have two USB ports sitting on top of each other on the front of my computer case and I have no problem at all with hooking up this and another USB cable attached at the same time. The only thing that may bother some users is about 1/3 of the SD card sticks out (it doesn't fully insert into the card reader). No big deal to me, but I guess it could bother some people. All in all a great card reader for the price! - Sdhc - Card Reader - Sandisk - Memory Card Reader'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information