Sunday 12 June 2011

Laptop Computer Bag - laptop case, 17 laptop case


My title pretty much says it all, I got this case a few days ago and absolutely LOVE it's design and the fact that it fits a 17" widescreen notebook without having to cram the laptop into the case! The velcro insert can be moved to make more space to accommodate the larger laptops. I love the seperate mesh zippered pouch for the power pac, it has lots of built in pouches and mesh pockets for cell phone, mp3 player, chargers and holds 5 cds or dvd's, has another zippered file folder for papers or books, another large compartment under the flap for pens and storage and then two more compartments on each side of the outer sides. I transferred everything from my overstuffed old bag to this case and you would think with all of those compartments it would be bulky and hard to handle, but nothing could be farther from the truth. Even with a 17" notebook everything is so compact and well organized it's still easy to carry and maneuver. This is a great "take on the plane" case because it fits easily under the seat. So durable and well made, Targus is now my laptop bag and case of choice. Definetly worth the price with the free super shipping! Targus Blacktop Deluxe Case with Dome Protection Designed to Protect upto 17 Inch Laptops CPT401DUS (Black with Grey Accents)

I recently purchased an 17" wide screen laptop computer and needed to upgrade computer bags. I shopped several stores and came to Amazon initially just to price compare. While here, I found this Targus nylon bag and after a quick review, decided to give it a try. I have had their leather bags for older laptops but this was the first nylon. I find this bag great! Mine is very strongly constructed, and had lots of useful compartments for cell phone, computer accessories. Biggest plus is the extra padding to provide screen protection. Very nice. However, there is one option on a computer bag that is essential to me, but not discussed in prior reviews and that is a strap or zippered section which lets you put the computer over the handles of either carry-on or checked baggage on airplanes. That features prevents a computer bag from falling off the dragged bag and lets you carry/drag both with one hand. This bag DOES have that feature by having a nylon strap that is almost invisible because it is "Velcro-ed" to the bag along the back. Yahoo !! Worth its weight in gold...

Also, to those who read the fellow who could not get his 17" laptop into the bag, you need to pull out the intermediate compartment separator bar in the bag and get rid of it so that the computer sits long ways, not sideways. That compartment serves no purpose for a big computer. The power cube goes in the small mesh bag that is included with the main bag. Great buy. Great product.

I've been looking for a laptop case for my new 18.5 inch screen HP HDX-18 laptop and the Targus CPT401DUS is a perfect match. There are no laptop case for laptops that are over 18 inch screen size. The nice looking CPT401DUS case is well designed and constructed with quality material. The Dome protection feature gives me added comfort knowing my laptop will have more protection from those accidental drop the case situations. The handle and shoulder straps are sturdy yet comfortable. All the storage pockets are well laid out and there are plenty of them so I can easily organize my travel items. Although the Targus CPT401 was meant for 17 inch size laptops, my HP HDX-18 fits perfectly in the case. The power supply for the HDX-18 laptop has to be stored in the front pocket but it fits perfectly, still leaving room for other important travel items. Overall, the Targus CPT401DUS is an excellent choice for a laptop case and Amzon's price is just unbeatable.

I've had this case since February 2009 and haven't looked back. This protects my 16.4 inch Sony laptop with rooms to spare (has safety restraints to hold the slim notebook in place). It's storage capacity is greatly appreciated as I can carry a book, my phone, laptop, chargers (for both phone & laptop), headphones and more in the notebook while traveling, without compromising the profile of the case.



The case has been very durable and is well made. It's not flashy by any means, but I've been asked on more than one occasion by other business travelers what type of case it is.



In short I'd say its the perfect case for someone wanting to combine funcationality, style and comfort all in one package.

For a 17" laptop be carefull. The pics. depict a smaller laptop. With a larger 17" laptop, there is no room in the body of the case to store the power brick charger. Just received case and trying to decide what to do with the power suppy brick. Concerned if I place it on top of computer, case may bulge. For that matter wherever I stick the power supply, the case may bulge. Taking another look at the leather Targus to see if it will provide more space for power supply and will return this one. - 17 Laptop Case - Laptop Case - Laptop Computer Bag - 17 Inch Laptop Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information