Monday 2 May 2011

Sweet Tooth


We tried Tortuga Rum cake while vacationing in Bahamas...many told us that Bacardi rum cake is really good...well if you try this one you are not going back to Bacardi Rum Cake..we tried almost 5-6 flavors of Tortuga and most of them are nice..Our all time favorite is Chocolate Rum cake..



After coming back from Bahamas, we ordered these cakes through Amazon and whenever we take a bite..it freshened up sweet memories of Bahamas..

Bacardi Rum Cake



Tortuga Caribbean Banana Rum Cake is moist and delicious, but I like my rum cakes to be soaked in the liqueur. I didn't expect this cake to have as much rum as I'd like, but I'd hoped there would be more than there is. There is a light rum flavor, and the banana taste comes through beautifully, though. As I said, it's a very moist cake, and really does taste great. I'm glad I gave it a try.

I had been going to Grand Cayman for years and always saw these cakes, in a little gold box, always thinking how good can a cake that's been sitting in a box be? In July 2010, we were there and walked into a store that had a sample of each flavor of the Tortuga Caribbean Rum Cake. Needless to say, I tried every flavor and went back for more. These were the most tasty, and moist cakes I had ever had in my life! Now, they're my "go to gift", and I send them to friends and family. Everyone loves them...and thus, the cycle continues!



Thank you Grand Cayman for producing a little slice of heaven, right here on earth!

I wasn't very familiar with rum cakes but I wanted to pick up a cake off of Amazon. I think that I just don't really like chocolate rum cake so I'm probably being a little too harsh. Still... it was just okay. Not a bad gift idea though.

I have ordered the larger versions of these cakes and have been very please, in the past. This cake was dark, stale, lacked flavor and none of my guests took more than two bites. It is really bad. Either the baker quality is gone or this is a fluke. I was considering this as a Christmas gift for friends, but do not intend to buy this again.

We had been to the Cayman Islands and purchased some of the Tortuga Rum Cakes, however this particular flavor was not available. Love this one the best, and goes best with a cup of Blue Mountain Coffee as well!

I ordered this and the regular flavor prefer this one hands down no contest.

Really enjoyed this but there pretty small at 16 ounces and a bit pricey would order this one again. The coconut and rum go well together may order the larger size next time.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information