Monday 2 May 2011

Disc Storage - disc storage, cd sleeves


Maxell makes an excellent paper sleeve to protect CDs and DVDs from lying around gathering dust. The sleeves come in five colors: blue, yellow, green, red, and orange. This allows you the option of color coding types of CDs if you wish by putting all CDs or DVDs in one category into a certain single color sleeve.



The paper sleeves are also particularly good when mailing CDs and DVD discs because they protect the disc while reducing the cost of postage. It costs less to mail CD and DVD media in paper sleeves than it does to mail the same CDs and DVDs in slim jewel cases. This savings alone should make these sleeves pay for themselves!



They are also useful for people who have accumulated so many CDs and DVDs that to store the media even in the slim jewel cases now takes up too much room.



Overall, these are good quality paper sleeves. I highly recommend these CD/DVD paper sleeves for people who want a practical alternative to jewel cases. Maxell CD-403 Multi-Color CD/DVD Sleeves, 100 Pack

I have to confess that I am a bit of a media maniac. My CD burner and my Panasonic DVD recorder work overtime. I could probably run a small pay per view movie theater in my living room! Frankly, I probably need to see a shink about my media obsession...

That being said, these disc sleeves are a perfect way to keep my discs from getting scratched up or dust covered. A stack of 100 discs stored in the envelopes takes up a lot less space than the same 100 discs in jewel cases (even the slim kind!) I prefer the colored sleeves over the white because the colors help me to file my discs in an organized manner. Movies in Red envelopes, Documentaries in yellow, Music in Green, etc... I store the discs in their envelopes in a 3 litre covered plastic bin with handles that is available in a national office chain (Hint: O.D.) you can check the bin out at reallyusefulboxes (for website, just add a .com) This is a very efficient storage solution for a collection as large as mine. And if my husband has me committed for my media mania, I can bring the bins with me because they are totally portable. LOL

The only reason I didn't give these envelopes 5 stars is because they are a little bit snug, so getting the discs in is not as easy as with the Memorex sleeves I bought in the past. However, I would buy these again as long as the price remains competitive.

not sure what some reviewers are talking about. I can slip 2 DVD's into an envelope with NO problem, and with 1 DVD there is a 1/8th space side to side. I think these envelopes are great. Nice colors, paper seems perfect thickness and like I said, NO problem getting DVD's into or out of the envelope. Well worth the price IMHO...

These sleeves are exactly what I was looking for! The colors are perfect for color-coding my discs and the sleeves are just the right thickness to protect them without being bulky. A few reviews say that the sleeves are too thin, but they're sturdy enough to not rip when putting in or removing a disc from them and they're not too snug at all in my opinion. I've already ordered a second box of these so I can organize all of my discs. Great product!

These DVD sleeves are well-constructed for something made from paper. The clear window is helpful to read title and data information you may have written on the media inside. I like the multi-colored envelopes as it helps with organization and my collection of media does not look as bland. While there are better sleeves out there made of plastic or vinyl, they are also a bit (not much) more costly. The value of these sleeves, ease-of use and performance are solid.

I used to purchase cd sleeves from Americopy, who made their sleeves exactly like these, except they only came in white (which I prefer, but I'll deal with the multi-color deal). Then my last batch was complete junk. The quality was crap, but the price was the same, so I decided to switch. I just received these a couple minutes ago, and I'm once again happy. I paid a few bucks more for these, but the quality is worth much more than the extra money I spent. After all, you'll end up putting 100 cd's in these sleeves, so the quality is well worth it. I'm very happy with my purchase, and given that these are made by a well-known company, I don't expect them to go cheap on me any time soon.

After running out of sleeves that I, um, borrowed from work I purchased these. I wanted sleeves of different colors because white sleeves just don't stand out on the clutter that is usually found on my desk.



These sleeves hold one or two discs without any trouble. They're tough enough that they don't tear when I carry them in a backpack or mail them across country with a Christmas card. A nice feature is a little tab cut into the back of each sleeve - the flap tucks into it to hold the sleeve closed. The white sleeves I used previously would not stay shut and I usually had to tape the flap down to get it to stay down.



The sleeves really shine when I use them for storage in my home office (aka "Dad's messy room in the basement"). I used to use slim jewel cases but even those take up quite a bit of space compared to these. I love how many fit on my narrow 12 shelf CD/DVD bookcase from Ikea, and the 5 colors of sleeves make it a little more likely I'll stay organized. At least the colors make the shelves more interesting to look at than if they were filled with white sleeves.



Buy these - they're durable and colorful, and the little tab is a nice touch. - Cd Sleeves - Cd Storage - Cd - Disc Storage'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information