Monday 2 May 2011

screen protectors - screen protectors, iphone


This screen protector is a joke. First, it is not cut out right for iPhone 4, if the top camera hole aligns, teh home button at the bottom won't align, and vice versa. Second, it is thin and flimsy and does not apply correctly to the screen. Third, the material being so thin creates a sea of bubbles on the screen, bubbles that are impossible to remove. I tried pressing the bubbles out gently and the screen protector itself tore right off the middle (talk about cheap quality). The back film was easier to apply, but that came of in 2 days as well. Maybe the back film came off due to just oil from the skin or something, but that is what it should be designed for. It should at least stick and stay on. The only reason I bought these was because I thought they would be better than the cheaper versions. Big mistake. This is a terrible product, definitely not worth the $10 I paid, looking for a better alternative. Speck Products ShieldView Anti-Glare Screen Protector for iPhone 4 (3 Pack + 1 Bonus Back Film)

Not only did this have all the bubbles and didn't fit properly, but just the nature of the material dulls the iPhone 4 screen. I couldn't even leave it on for 5 minutes- I love how beautiful the iPhone 4 display is and this totally ruined it! I ended up using a cheap one my roommate had and it works much better!

This screen protector comes very well packed and looks nice at first glance, but after installed you can see it is not ultra clear, but instead it has a sort of texture that distorts the amazing Retina Display, making your screen look blurry like an old VGA screen phone. All the clarity the phone gives you, this screen protector takes.

Maybe this is the anti-glare system, but I prefer clear screen over anti-glare.

This product isn't worth it at all. The anti glare screen protector leaves you with this particle looking film in front on the display on your iphone. It doesn't make any sense to spend all the money on this great phone with this spectacular display and then spend $10 on a speck screen cover that makes it look like there's this "rainbowed particled" film in between you and the retinae display. I understand what speck is trying to do with the anti glare technology but it competes with and ruins the great display on the iphone! Very sad! I recommend buying just clear film or glossy film so you can see the display with out any distortion. Anyone who appreciates the iPhone display, stay away from the anti-glare screen protectors

Comes in pack of three because you can't get rid of air bubbles. It takes three times. Doesn't stick well. Matte finish made retina display look dull slightly blurred. Cut too large cases and bumpers peel up edges of protector.

This screen protector will NOT fit new iphone 4, you may can tell from the design itself, it has poor access to the control and sensors once you placed it on the screen. Speck usually pretty good in design, function, and quality, but not this time and certainly not this product.

I bought this set of covers in order to get the rear cover (seems strange so many other screen cover sets don't sell the rear covers for the iphone 4.) Here's my take:



Pros:

-These covers fit very well and were easy to install

-Rear cover was exactly what I wanted and would want for the front



Cons:

-The front screen isn't completely see-through (this is the anti-glare aspect I suppose.) This means that you can tell there is a cover on it and detracts from the beauty of the phone

-It severely lowers the screen quality with a very grainy look (much more than other covers I've owned in the past)

-Doesn't come with a screen cloth, so make sure you have one handy

-The front screen feels weird and is less responsive to my touch

-It makes an annoying, scratching noise when my earrings rub against it while I am talking on the phone





If you are specifically looking for an anti-glare cover, than this will be good for you. If not, look for another cover. The cons really take away from the quality of the phone.

After being a loyal Speck customer, I've decided to try out their screen protectors. The Anti-Glare Screen Protector from Speck, does what it does, but at the cost of the Retina display.



Application

Putting on the screen protector took quite some effort, and I had messed up the first time attempting to do so. When applying the screen protector make sure your screen is free from dust, and that you peel off and apply the screen protector correctly. Read the instructions and take them off in the correct order. I had a bit of trouble distinguishing which one was the screen protector and which one was the peel off. If anything get a professional to do it, usually the cell phone repair shops, or computer shops can do this for a fee. If your feeling bold, get some tape ready, and follow the instructions carefully. Using tape I was able to get out most of the bubbles. I am left with one or two bubbles and some on the sides which refused to be removed, but luckily they are hidden by my case. The same with the back screen protector. You only have one shot for the back screen protector however, as there is only one. The back screen protector isn't Anti-Glare, but thats understandable since you wont be seeing the back of your phone that often, and almost never if your putting it in a case. Otherwise take your time with the application, and use tape to remove any bubbles as they usually are willing to come out.



Screen Protector

Once you've gone through the application of the screen protector, I found that it degrades the beauty of the iPhone 4's Retina Display. Not to a point where everything becomes blurry, but there is a difference compared to just the display itself. Looking in very closely onto the display you can see a sort of rainbowy effect as if a display were wet, but it isn't quite noticeable from far away. As for being an Anti-Glare, it does that job pretty well, with me being able to see it out in the sunlight.



Protection

After giving it smudges, oil and attempted scuffs, this protector did a great job at preventing those. No scratches whatsoever, and smudges and oil can be wiped off with a moist napkin easily. I think this is where the protector shines the brightest. As for the back, its covered by the case so I cant quite say, but the case I have along with the back protector does not generate any oily substance anyway.



Compatibility with Cases

I have experienced no problems with this screen protector and any of the cases that I have played around with. The screen protector sticks and stays, and peels off when you want it to. I had to peel it off to get some of the trapped dust creating bubbles, but I got them off with tape, and it was once again without bubbles.



I'm not quite sure if I want to recommend this case, but its usable for me. I think the Retina Display is excellent, this Anti-Glare screen makes it a little less than excellent. If you are going to be outside alot, and need the Anti-Glare then this is a great screen protector to stop the glare. If you love the Retina display, and want to absorb all its sharpness, you best be looking for another screen protector. - Screen Protectors - Invisible Shield - Iphone - Screen Protector'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information