Monday 23 May 2011

Super Saver Shipping - camcorder bag, small camera bag


I purchased this camera bag for my GE X5 pro series digital camera. It is about half the size I expected from the pictures, but hold the camera securely in place. I would not suggest this camera for a DSLR camera that you wish to carry additional lenses with. There is not room. I do wish it was a little larger so that I could put my other (smaller) Canon digital camera in the bag with my X5. I am also unable to fit my user manual in this bag, so I hope I never need it when I am away from home! This bag has two side pockets which fit cords nicely. It also has a front pocket that has a velcro flap and zipper to store batteries, memory cards, etc. In short, I wish it were a little larger so I could fit my manual and other camera comfortably, but overall, I am satisfied. AmazonBasics Camcorder/Camera Bag with Shoulder Strap (Black)

I bought this bag for my Canon Vixia HF M31 camcorder based on commets other people made about the recommended Canon bag being way too big. The AmazonBasics Camcorder Bag with Shoulder Strap is well-made with a nice, soft interior. The build quality is fine and I like the concept of the belt loops positioned so that you can open the bag toward you, eliminating the fear that the camera will fall out. (This kind of makes it look like a fanny pack and I believe those went out of style back in the... uh, were fanny packs ever in style?)



Nonetheless, the bag is not very useful for my camcorder. The main compartment is too big for the camera without the divider. The picture of the Canon camcorder sitting horizontally in the bag is a little deceptive as the main compartment is too deep for it to rest up that high by itself. If you use the divider, the camera fits fine (vertically), but the rest of the compartment isn't nearly big enough for all the necessary accessories. Given that the batteries on these new camcorders only last an hour or so, you really need to pack the power cord (with the in-line power converter similar to those found on laptop power cords). The internal pockets are big enough for a memory card or a small cleaning cloth or a couple of AA batteries, but nothing else. I did eventually jam everything into the main compartment, but I nearly had to sit on it to get it closed.



The good news is that I still had an old Case Logic bag, the TBC-5, which I had been using for an old still shot camera. If you look that one up on Amazon, there is a picture of it with a camcorder (horizontal) and a point-and-shoot (vertical). I put my new camcorder in there vertically where the point-and-shoot is in the picture and the cords and accessories where the camcorder is shown. It fits like a glove! It was almost like it was made for the camera. I could put in everything that came in the box with the camera except the CD-ROMs and the instruction manual. Better still, the old still shot camera I had in there fit great with all its accessories in the AmazonBasics bag, so after a little switcheroo, I've got a perfect bag for each.



The upshot: the AmazonBasics bag is ok, but the Case Logic TBC-5 is perfect for my camcorder. They are both the same height and the TBC-5 is only a few inches longer. You get a lot more effective space for only a slight increase in size. Unfortunately, it looks like Amazon is not currently stocking the TBC-5, but another bag linked from that page, the Tamrac 5522, looks similar. I think you would have to give up the belt loops, though.

This well padded, small to medium size bag is perfect for my Pentax X90 superzoom camera. The fabric is strong, zippers work well and seem well made. The shoulder strap is solid. With the camera in its place in the main compartment, there is room inside the bag (on the other side of the movable divider) for the charger power cord. The front pocket easily holds the battery charger. The two side pockets have room for additional SD cards. lens cloths, etc. The netting inside the front pocket has separated from the seam tape at the top, but that doesn't create a problem for my use. Overall, very happy with this case. Compared to the price of similar sized camera bags, this was an excellent value. Would strongly recommend to my friends. - Small - Small Camera Bag - Camera Bag - Camcorder Bag'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Super Saver Shipping - camcorder bag, small camera bag small camera bag Super Saver Shipping - camcorder bag, small camera bag