Monday 23 May 2011

2 Gb Sd Card - 2 gb sd card, adapter


I have been using this SD card for a GBA cart i have that takes Mini-SD's

which are a little more expensive so i decided to go with this card since it came with the adapters i needed



And all i can say is this is way better than the 1Gig San Disk Mini-Sd I have (not just in size but specs) that i got from walmart that was a little more expensive (like $3-4 more)



Size 2,012,000,000

Actual Size 1.87 GB (Storage Size)



Benchmarks from this card

Quick Bench (8M Zones) Using USB 1.1

Random Access: 1.1ms

CPU Utilization: 20% +/- 2%

Average Read 16.4 MB/s



Long Bench (32M Zones) Using USB 1.1

Random Access: 1.1ms

CPU Utilization: 24% +/- 2%

Average Read 16.4 MB/s Kingston 2 GB microSD Flash Memory Card with SD and miniSD Adapters SDC/2GB-2ADP

Over the last couple of months I've order two of these. The first came with the storage case shown in the customer picture, very cool, however the second had no storage case. If you need the case, you might want to consider buying locally. Amazon should consider, in the interest of customer service, a separate listing for the caseless version so customers know exactly what they will or will not get. No complaints about Kingston's cards, however. Great product!

Kingston 2 GB microSD Flash Memory Card with SD and miniSD Adapters SDC/2GB-2ADP

I'm happy with the Kingston cards themselves, but unhappy with the bait-and-switch tactics of Amazon in the way the visually present to the public what they are selling. The pictures clearly show a hard-shell case to keep all of the SD cards and adapters in (important if you have a few of these to be sure not to lose any). What I received was a simple package that just held the cards and no plastic case to store the cards and adapters in. Tried calling Amazon as soon as I received them, was told they would look into this and call/email me back but I to this date have not heard from anyone. This package that I received is definitely a cut-down version of the product, less quality than what I was made to feel I would be buying by the image presented to this day on the website. If this is the way Amazon is going to handle customer and selling their products, advertising a higher quality product and shipping a lower quality product, then they have seen the last business from me for sure!!!

My wife purchased two of these for me as a gift, and they worked fine. A few weeks later, I ordered three more myself, also from Amazon, the identical item, but they did NOT work. The two that worked were marked "CHINA" and the three that did not work were marked "TAIWAN" and the plastic was a slightly lighter color. I don't know how to tell in advance which you're getting. Note my application is specialized, booting embedded Linux in a Zipit Z2. Most people may never know the difference because both varieties seem to read and write normally; the only problem was system bootup.



Update Jan.25 2011: The "Taiwan" card had about 4% less memory, but passed a complete memory test cycle and was actually slightly faster.



Kingston 2GB SD card stats from WinXP properties:

"China" Capacity: 1,973,059,584 bytes 1.83 GB (FAT, after format)

"Taiwan" Capacity: 1,898,708,992 bytes 1.76 GB (FAT, after format)



"China": Write: 8.80 MByte/s Read: 16.7 MByte/s

"Taiwan": Write: 9.92 MByte/s Read: 16.9 MByte/s



(using IOGEAR GFR209T USB Reader; H2testw v1.4 flash test by Harald Bögeholz - No errors)

This will be short and to the point.

I read the reviews when I needed a Micro SD card for my Blackberry.

This one fit the bill in terms of cost and features (why anyone buys this kind of accessory at Big Box Yellow and Blue store and spends twice as much I'll never understand).



Got it shipped quickly, came with the adapters. Can't remember the packaging but really, who cares as long as the card works!

And work it does. I installed it and formatted it on my Blackberry 8310 Curve - No issues whatsoever. Loaded up a bunch of pictures and music very easily.



I've recently had to sell the Curve (my company prefers having us waste time with Windows Mobile phones) but I removed the SD card and am using it for other toys (camera) with no problems.



It has been surpassed in capacity with HC cards now, but 2 GB is still a lot of storage.



BOTTOM LINE: Can't beat the price and features - (buy enough from Amazon bundled with other items and get free shipping).

I bought these on an Amazon sale when they were offered with Prime shipping. My primary interest, frankly, was the plastic case and the adapters. I have several devices that use MicroSD cards and It is often preferable to just plug the card into my laptop rather than use a USB cable connected to the device.



A 2GB card is no great shakes these days. (I have a 32GB MicroSD in my smartphone.) Kingston is good brand, in my opinion, and the 2GB cad worked in a laptop computer and SanDisk MP3 player. No complaints there.



The adapters are well made and, like so many other adapters, will probably be misplaced or lost in the not distant future.



I am disappointed that the plastic case shown in the illustration is not included, so I knock two stars off the review for that misrepresentation.



Jerry - 2 Gb Sd Card - Minisd - Adapter - 2gb'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information