Monday 23 May 2011

Home Theater - plasma, home theater


Of the many hundreds if not thousands of HDTV units, both big brand name and 'generic', this LG 42PT350 was 1 of only 8 models tested by Consumer's Reports out of all sizes, all prices and all formats which the magazine chose not just to praise but to actually recommend for purchase. I ordered this unit largely on the strength of that review and this set did not disappoint. The fit and finish are outstanding as are the "thin frame" edging, which really are so thin they virtually disappear. Don't worry about the 720 aspect of this set as it presents beautifully. I went against the majority and purchased a plasma set to assure that the near 180 degree seating around the set would be visible to all and I am so glad I did.



A 'beginner's set' in price only as the features it provides for self-tuning the image staging compare favorably to professional screen staging if you are methodical. Go buy it! LG 42PT350 42-Inch 720p Plasma HDTV

I am thrilled with my recent purchase of the LG 42PT350. Set up is easy and even a novice can navigate through the controller. Five stars for LG!!! CEVA, on the other hand is quite disappointing! Frankly I am stunned that a company such as Amazon would use a second rate outfit such as they are. I found nothing to be complimentary of through out the whole experience with CEVA. Shame on you Amazon for not policing the frieght companies in which you put your reputation on. I have been a loyal Amazon customer up to this point. I will think twice before I make another purchase due to the poor service I recieved from CEVA.

My recent purchase was a pleasant supprise - I had always purchased Samsung HDTVs and the low price ,including free shipping and no sales tax , was too hard to resist. The picture and many features which one would expect from a TV costing twice the price were beyond my expectations. Delivery time was exactly as promissed by Amazon.

This is my first plasma set, having bought an LCD TV in 2005. The picture is remarkable for movies and games. The Intelligent sensor that adjust the picture levels works fine. Some of the other image settings, like cinema and games, are brighter than the sensor usually sets for the TV. But I don't feel a need to adjust the picture quality. As for sound, i can't say because the set is connected to a home theater. The TV has an ample number of connections. it does have a slight lag when switching between inputs, something that wasn't evident in my previous TV. Could it be an LG or plasma trait? Maybe. Regardless, I'm glad I bought this set instead of shelling out more money.

Our LG TV was delivered on the 17th and dead on the 25th. We had a tech out to repair it twice, and guess what? It was still not working after those visits and more parts had to be ordered.... this time the entire screen had to be replaced. We were still within our return period for Amazon, so luckily, we dont have to deal with the issue any longer. It was ridiculous that we had the TV broken, longer than we have had the TV working. All the time spent waiting for the parts, the repair man, and then being told we had to wait another 10-14 days to get the newest parts.... not acceptable. We had to call and cancel the order/repair with LG, they were not apologetic or concerned and offered no other solutions. It is does not make sense that we would get a brand new product, and it breaks within 2 weeks. When I buy a new item, I expect it to work like a new item. No problems, no issues, just perfect. That is the only acceptable outcome for me and LG did not deliver with this TV. I would not recommend this TV to anyone, no matter how well priced it is.

I decided to try plasma after being dissatisfied with the black level, color accuracy, and blur reduction capabilities (using 120 Hz gave a very unnatural look) of the Samsung LN40D630, a well rated LCD set. My studio apartment faces north (room not too bright) and I watch the majority of TV in the evening. I used the picture wizard setup, and am very pleased with the results. Clearly brightness is not on par with LCD/LED sets; however, I am more concerned about color accuracy, black level, uniformity, and motion smoothness. The LG delivers on all these fronts. As well documented, the glass screen used in plasma TVs will reflect light noticeably, so I'd recommended not placing in front of window or strong light source. All in all, an excellent option for those seeking an affordable 42-inch set.

We purchased this television for our basement because I still believe that plasma televisions provide the best overall picture quality and with little natural light coming into the space, I did not have to worry about glare coming off of the screen.



The LG 42350PT is also great for mounting to a wall because the television itself is only 1.5" thick and takes up little space. Other features that we love include the TV's ability to automatically adapt the picture to the lighting in the room (brightens with light, adjusts when lighting is dimmed or off).



Overall, the LG 42350PT is a great television at an affordable price <$500.

I already have the LG 60" Plasma in my living room. This is the smaller version at just 42". I knew the quality would be just as good for putting this into my Master Bedroom and i was right. Very happy with the quality of this TV!

I was a little leary purchasing a plasma TV with all the new LCD and LED models coming out but the price and reviews twisted my arm. After receiving the set which came very well packed I saw that the screen had a glossy finish. This will NOT make you happy if you have the set where windows or lights will be reflected in it. That is about IT for shortcomings. The picture itself is great and checking out other TV's at similar sizes matches or exceeds competitors. Matching with other LG products such as blu-ray player links them up together so that your remote can control both... along of course with your DirecTV or Cable system. I have mine hooked up to an Onkyo system so the TV sound wasn't used enough to comment on but seemed to be adequate. - Plasma - Home Theater - 720p'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Home Theater - plasma, home theater plasma Home Theater - plasma, home theater