Monday 23 May 2011

Egg Poacher


Like poached eggs? like poached eggs quick and easy cleanup? these little high tech cups float in boiling water with egg in them. Cooked egg comes out easily, and the emptied cups wash out in a jiff. I have been on the lookout for egg poacher for years (I'm not much of a shopper) and bought these when I stumbled upon them on Amazon. SILICONE EGG POACHERS, SET OF 2

I left a wrong review originally regarding these egg poachers.....we used these for the first time today and I love them.....slip right out of the cup on to toast and the best part is no messy pan to try and scrub egg whites off of.....

I bought four sets of these to poach eggs for a crowd on Easter Sunday. As long as you spray the inside with some type of oil as directed, the eggs slip out perfectly. The only caution is to watch your water level. If the water is too high in the pot, these poachers will tip and allow some water to get into the egg. I wouldn't put more than an inch of water in the pot, less if you use a lot of poachers at one time (they raise the water level). You'll probably need to adjust the time the eggs cook, depending on how cooked you like your eggs. I found between six and seven minutes sufficient with simmering water.

I ordered these after reading the reviews. I read a few where the people said the eggs didn't pop out of the cups easily. I was prepared for stuck eggs. That did not happen.



I sprayed the cup with non stick cooking spray and cracked an egg in it. I followed the directions...bringing about an inch and a half of water to a boil and then carefully slipping the egg cup into the pan and put the cover on. I set the timer for 6 minutes. I lifted the egg cup out with a slotted spoon after about 5.5 minutes. The egg slipped right out of the cup in a perfect little circle. The white was done, the yellow soft. Just perfect. The pan is pristine and so is the slotted spoon. Even the silicone cup isn't stuck up. I just ordered another set so I can fix 4 eggs at once.



This would work perfect for hard cooked eggs also and you wouldn't have to peel them afterwards!

I love these little poach pods! Just shoot them with some Pam spray, drop in the eggs, and pop 'em in the boiling water for six minutes and you get the perfect poached eggs. The egg slides right out without any problem at all, and they're very easy to clean.

I have to say first that I have never reviewed a purchase before. But these were so great and easy to use I had to share. I followed the instructions they include with the poachers--I sprayed the inside with cooking spray--and when they were done they slid right out! I didn't even have to loosen them with a knife like the instructions suggest. I left one egg in for 4 minutes and the other in for 8 because my husband likes his yolk more solid. Each of the eggs looked and tasted great and came out of the pod with complete ease. I was really pleased with this product.

These cutest poachers are awesome! Sprayed with canola oil, ran the spoon around the edges - slipped right out and on top of a toasted english muffin with pastrami on it and topped with hollandaise! Yumm - perfect super quick breakfast! I'm buying the second set now :)

For anyone who likes eggs, especially poached eggs, these are a must have. I am not big on most kitchen gadgets, but these are very easy to use, and clean up quick and easy. Even my husband will use them. Another extra is the shape of the egg is perfect for topping an English muffin or other sandwich. For only a few dollars, you can have the perfect poached egg!

Finally an egg poacher even I can use. Makes perfect poached eggs using your covered pot and 1 1/2 inch of boiling water. Follow instructions and make sure you get an even coating of oil or non-stick spray on the inside of the pods. Easily cleaned. Can be removed from pot with bare fingers if you are careful. Holes are present for utencil assisted removal. Uses minimal cupboard space. A must have item if you like poached eggs.

I've always preferred to have my eggs poached rather than over-easy (my compromise cause it seemed easier). Just couldn't get the hang of making 'real' poached eggs - I always ended up with egg drop soup. So I treated myself to these little gadgets and I love them! They make perfect poached eggs, clean up so easily, and were so inexpensive. Silly to like a stupid little gadget that much, but I do.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Egg Poacher Egg Poacher Egg Poacher