Tuesday 5 April 2011

Verizon Wireless - bluetooth headset, jabra


I have a Droid X, and I bought the Clipper for very specific reasons. I've had very good mono headsets in the past (I liked the Aliph Jawbone the best), but I realized that I was talking on the phone through the headset less and less, and I was becoming very frustrated with wired headphones to listen to music and podcasts on my phone. So, I was looking for the best combo of serviceable phone headset and good music headphones, and the Clipper not only fits the bill, but is by far the lowest cost solution out there (that I could find, anyway).



The pairing and use of the Bluetooth has been very easy and no better or worse than my experience with any other modern Bluetooth device. Once paired, the Clipper has worked very well with my Droid X (both with the phone and for music with mspot or DoubleTwist), as well as my laptop, using different audio programs (Windows Media Player, VLC, etc.). As for the two main criticisms of the Clipper in the reviews (quality of earbuds and use of the clip), I've had a much better experience than many reviewers.



On the earbuds, I will acknowledge that these aren't anywhere near what you'd call high quality headphones. However, I think some of the reviews have exaggerated this. Maybe those people had fit issues, or maybe they've improved the earbuds slightly in a revision of the product (although I'm not sure why you'd "upgrade" your product from "horrible" to "mediocre"). In any event, my take on these earbuds is that they're far from the best, but they are OK, and definitely serviceable if you've lost your favorite earbuds or until you can buy a better pair.



I will say that fit is everything with the earbuds. They come with three sizes of tips, and I had to try various combinations to find the right fit (medium left ear, small right ear). If you don't get a good seal in the ear, you definitely would find these earbuds "dreadful" or "crappy," as some reviewers have. However, if/when you do get a good fit, you'll find that they are your typical, cheap earbuds. Muddy base and lacking in defined highs. But, as I said above, they'll get you through an afternoon if you don't happen to have your regular pair with you. Mids are fine, and voice calls on the phone are good with the included earbuds. Again, though, it's all in the fit.



As for the clip, I can see how some people might have issues with it. I've had no problem fitting it to any part of my clothing by holding the closed end between my right thumb and forefinger, prying the open end apart slightly (and CAREFULLY!) with my left forefinger, and using my right thumb and forefinger to hold the clip open as I slip it onto a collar or pocket (belt, strap, whatever). If you don't have strong fingers, though, this might be a deal killer for you. It does take some strength to hold the clip apart. And, as someone above said, if you just try to push it onto a shirt collar or pocket, it can be difficult get it onto stretchy material.



Because I haven't found the same problems with the earbud and clip as others have, I would say that I'm very pleased with the Clipper. The sound with my Sennheiser CX 300 earbuds is great. The call quality is very good, and the mic picks up my voice well when the clip is attached and I'm speaking normally. And, in my opinion, the best feature of all is that the part of every Bluetooth headset that frustrates most and fails first (the earpiece) is entirely interchangeable, so this solution should last much longer than any Bluetooth headset I've had in the past. Jabra CLIPPER Bluetooth Stereo Headset

So at the gym, have seen countless people on the treadmill drop \ yank their wire tethered phone or music device off the console. To an end where either they have the device broken, wiped out trying to catch it or just look like a disaster.



This solves that problem having the little Clipper in the pocket, hanging from dog tags or clipped on and has great sound. The clip is pretty tight do if you clip it on don't take it off when you are in motion.



I use it with my Droid X



Verizon still has it for $49 with free shipping at:[...]

Bought this to use with an Android phone and cassette adapter in my car - both for music and as a handsfree speaker phone.



The sound quality is decent, and what people need to realize is that the bit rate is set by the device connecting to the clipper. The clipper is 100% capable of high bit rate, quality sound - but many A2DP devices (such as some phones) are not.



If your phone is set to a lower bit rate or mono - you will get horrible sound through the clipper. Google "a2dp setting" and the name of your device to see if you can raise the bit rate.



All that said, the sound does frequently drop out for no explicable reason. I can have the clipper sitting on the seat right next to my phone and the sound will still drop out. I may update this review if I find a fix, but for now I'm just dealing with it. - Bluetooth - Wireless Headphones - Bluetooth Headset - Jabra'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information