Tuesday 5 April 2011

Kindle Devices - ebook, drm


I grew up in the UK during the Britpop era, TFI Friday, and Chris Evans on the radio and telly.



When I emigrated to the US in 2000 I read the rather poor unauthorized biography 'Freak or Unique' on the plane, but this book obviously contains more reality. It's right from the horses' mouth so to speak, and I couldn't put it down.



Having seen the antics of the Ginger one on TV and radio I was fascinated to hear it from his perspective. After all, he lived a life less ordinary. He went from a working class paper boy to one of the biggest celebrities in the UK, rubbing shoulders with the rich and famous, ultimately marrying the beautiful Billie Piper.



Sadly the story ends right after he bought Virgin Radio from Sir Richard Branson. Yet to come is his famous melt down, retreat from public life with his young bride, and eventually his redemption.



I've always been a huge fan of this interesting man whose antics brightened the early 90s of Britain for us 20 somethings. If you remember the Blur vs. Oasis war and TFI Friday, you'll probably love this book. Just be prepared to buy the sequel due out at the end of the year to find out what happens next.



I read my copy on my iPhone, and like another reviewer said, there are no pictures on the Kindle iPhone version. But then it was cheaper and for me it didn't spoil the experience. It's Not What You Think

This Kindle edition has all the pictures missing, on my iPhone at least. It reads like images are an integral part of some bits of the book, as sometimes there's just a gap and what's written doesn't make any sense. Not the end of the world but I'd expect better for the price.

I live in the UK now and I'm a big fan of Chris Evans but I didn't expect to love the book as much as I did. I just couldn't put it down. It's been years since I had a book that kept drawing me back as soon as I walked in from work each day. I read it every moment I had until I finished it. Anyway I've just ordered his next book and I'm sure it will be as terrific! What a fascinating book and man! - Drm - Ebook - E-reader - Kindle Devices'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Kindle Devices - ebook, drm ebook Kindle Devices - ebook, drm