Tuesday 5 April 2011

3 Button Suits - suits, made in italy 2 button suit


I need to preface this by saying that just a few weeks prior to buying my first suit from Darya, I had purchased a $1000 Ralph Lauren suit from Dillards on sale for $[...]. Then I discovered Darya Trading through a link on [...] and looked at their suits, but was very leery about buying a SUIT online. A million things could go wrong, right? But after going through all the suits listed, the WORST review I could find was a 4/5, so I decided to take the chance, thinking it might be worth the gamble on return shipping. I bought 2. When they arrived three days later, I was floored! They were GORGEOUS and fit like a glove! They're all made in Milan (my RL suit was made in China - seriously), they taper beautifully, the fabric is literally smooth as butter, and much of the finish work is done BY HAND!! - I can't say enough about them. Then I took them to my tailor for the trousers to be hemmed. He asked me how much I paid for them and his jaw literally dropped. "This is a G. Valentino suit! This is MADE IN ITALY! This suit would cost ME over $[...], and I would have to sell it for $[...]! You paid HOW MUCH!?" Then he pointed out all the fine detail and hand-work on it, while he kept shaking his head in disbelief. Then he said sadly, "Someone is losing a lot of money on these. The economy is so bad, I'm sure someone is buying a warehouse full of them just to move them out."



Well long story short, I purchased the two and after they were tailored and worn, I couldn't stand it and bought two more. . . and I have my eye on TWO MORE! I own three Valentino (wool/silk) and one Luciano (wool/cashmere). After hemming all four pair of trousers, the tailor said the Valentino suits would EASILY equate to a Ralph Lauren, Hugo Boss or other New York Designer. But he said the Luciano was crafted so well being fully canvased with genuine horsehair and most of it was made by HAND, he said it was every bit as fine as a Georgio Armani and he could easily sell it in his shop for $[...]. I've had the suits a few weeks now and have been hesitant to rate them here because I've been wanting to keep them a secret for my friends. But they're all buying them now too, so it's time for the secret to get out. Anyway, I'm completely sold. Here are four suits I can honestly say are worth MORE than every penny I paid. Darya, THANK YOU for some incredible bargains!! Gino Valentino Made in Italy Wool / Silk Mens Suit 150's Hand Made Two Button Canvas Front Jacket Flat Front Pants Custom Working Buttonholes Business Suit Dark Navy (46 Short)

I was skeptical when I ordered this suit, but I figured at $150 for a suit, I really didn't have much to lose. These suits are an absolute steal at this price. They're well made and have a sharp look. I am slim, so I can't respond to the one reviewer who found the fit to be tight. I ordered the 40L, which is my normal suit size. It comes with 34 waist pants. I will have to have the pants taken in a bit to get the right fit. Due to my height, I almost always have to buy suits with unhemmed pants, so I typically am not able to go into a department store and buy a suit off the shelf. (For some reason, they all seem to think that people with a 32 waist cannot have a hem length over 34 inches.) Some retailers are now even limiting their online supply of unhemmed suits. It's getting to the point that I can't find suits except at a boutique shop, but I can't stand overpaying for anything, especially clothing. I am ecstatic to find an awesome suit at such a good price. Thank you, Darya!

Most of my suits are custom made with high quality fibers and craftsmanship. I have purchased a total of six suits after I received the first three and saw that they are equal in quality and craftsmanship. My custom made suits cost around $1,800.00 each and these range from around $100-$135. Now that is one of the best value purchase I've ever made.

Let me start by saying that I am 6' 2" about 225lbs. I bought this suit in a size 52R which comes with pants size 44 waist.

The suit arrived one week after I bought it, in a flat brown "box". It was not wrinkled, but it was not wrapped by anything to prevent it from being soiled, if the box was.



The suit looks good. It looks to be of good material (very soft wool with a nice sheen to it) and well made. However, this suit is not for everybody.

The price tag on it of $1449 is ridiculous. No way it sells anywhere for that price. It is worth the $149.00 they sell it for. The claim the suit is made in Italy, but I don't know how to dis-proof that, and it does not have such label. It might be designed that way, but I doubt it is made in Italy



Here is the problem I encountered with it. I have a large frame for a body. I normally wear a 50R, and rarely 50L size suit.

Being made as an Italian cut, I figured it would be a bit smaller than American cuts. Well, it is a LOT smaller cut. While the jacket barely fits, the pants, after being hemmed, just do not fit. The pelvic area is way too small. The leg portion of the pants is so tight, you can barely move, walk, or God forbids..sit down. The pants are very uncomfortable.

The jacket has no pockets on the outside. I never use these pockets, anyway, but just having them look like pockets is pretty weird looking!



I looked into some alterations, but there was not enough material to enlarge the legs or the jacket. And even if there was, it would cost more than the suit itself.



So my verdict is that this suit might suit a slim body. If you are a six footer and about 180lbs or so, this might be for you. but not for this guy. - Suits - Made In Italy 2 Button Suit - Great Value - Made In Italy'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


3 Button Suits - suits, made in italy 2 button suit made in italy 3 Button Suits - suits, made in italy 2 button suit