Tuesday 5 April 2011

Notebook Stand - book stand, laptop holder


I was looking for something that I could put my laptop on when using it on the bed or on the couch, and this product is fine for that. I paid $25 for it - it was overpriced, and I see it's gone down since I bought it. I think it's still over-priced though. From the picture, it appeared to have some type of indent where the laptop would go - it doesn't. It also looks like you could fit your laptop, a cup, and use the pencil holder, too. You can't, unless your laptop is some type of mini one. Mine is average to small sized, and covers up both the cup holder and the pencil holder. I didn't care about the lamp, so don't know if it's helpful or not - I don't need it, so haven't bought batteries for it.



I guess what matters is that it serves my purposes - I really didn't need a cup-holder or pencil holder, but I do think the picture misrepresents it. It does what I wanted it for - keeps the laptop and heat off of me, and the soft pillow under it is nice - it's comfortable on my lap. It gives me the flat surface I need to use it on the bed, too.



I do think it's cheaply made, and over-priced. I'd say $10 would be a fair price for this item. It's really the first thing I've bought from Amazon that I've been disappointed in - both the quality and the price, but, as I said, it does what I needed it for so I'm not totally disappointed. Just be aware that it's not quite the "cozy place" it looks like - it will hold your laptop, and nothing else. My Place Cozy Deluxe Personal Workstation w/ Built In Cushion

I was excited to get this on sale and with a coupon at another retailer. I thought it would be perfect for when I dim the lights in the evening, but still want to work on a crossword puzzle or clip coupons. It's not good for either. The LED light is very dim and uneven. I thought maybe I had bad batteries, but even trying fresh ones there was one bright spot about 3 inches in diameter, and a halo of dim light, neither of which you could actually read by without moving your material around or the light. I understand this is supposed to be more geared to a laptop computer workstation and maybe that's all the light you really need on a keyboard, but I don't think the desk area is even large enough for that



Despite my disappointment, I determinedly used it. Unfortunately the light stopped working after a few dozen uses. It comes with a specific instruction to not twist the lamp, but not only is that sometimes unavoidable by merely moving the poor light back and forth to where you need it, but you have to twist it a little to store it flat in the clip. Now, I'm pretty handy and I disassembled it to repair with a quick little solder here and there (the failure is in very small gage wire), but it never worked again.



Definitely not worth the price. I just have to decide what to do with it now.

I had shoulder surgery, when I saw the workstation I knew that what just the thing I need to do paperwork and use my laptop. The only thing I don't like is the light, it's not bright, and is in the way.

I ordered this item and from the picture it showed that the average laptop would fit nicely. However the laptop shown was not real and was very, very small to give the illusion that this laptop would work. my laptop did not fit. I was disappointed.

I thought that I was going to really like this item that a I purchased from Amazon. The first few times I used it I really appreciated the bright little LED light and cup holder. Unfortunately, due to my use consistently, the product began to fall apart, little by little. The switch to the LED light would no longer click to stay on. I would have to tape the switch in the "on" position in order to use the light. The battery pack on the underside of the lapdesk was not secured well and therefore fell loose with in the "pillow" and pulled free from it's connecting wires. I attempted to glue the batter pack back in place and rewire the product and this worked for a short period of time but my dog knocked it off the couch and it ceased to work again. It just seemed like a lot of work on my part to keep it working properly. I was really disappointed in this purchase. It didn't seem like it was worth even the little money that I spent on it.

Received this product yesterday from my mother-in-law for Christmas. I used it underneath my laptop last night - it made my laptop overheat several times and my laptop even melted to the table top. In all honesty, this product is great for reading, doing homework for school, crossword puzzles, etc (Only reason I gave this item 2 stars) but NOT good for laptops.

This little laptop table is so tiny, it looks like a miniature of what i was expecting...no wonder the price was so good. I will not shop online next time, you never know what you will get and then the shipping back is cost prohibitive and you end up keeping something you dont' like. The picture on the box makes it look like you will have all of this room and your laptop covers the whole thing including the cupholder. i guess it was for a mini laptop! - Laptop Holder - Laptop Table - Laptop Cooler - Book Stand'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information